Spec me a Barbecue

Man of Honour
In case anyone is interested I emailed the guy at bbqsmokingwood.co.uk and he replied with the stuff below. I suggested £40 for 20KG of Oak (cheapest wood available), including delivery. He seemed to be happy to offer slightly better than that and throw in some bits of cherry and applewood too :)

Hi David

You are pretty spot on with pricing Oak being the most plentiful is the cheapest.

My best seller is attached mixed box picture which is only about 15 kgs but lasts the whole season for most people & is £25

I’ll do you a box as close to the 20kgs as I can mostly Oak with a little Cherry and Apple for £40 delivered

Rgs Paul

wood.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato

Did anyone else receive this yet?

/edit - it's arrived!! Just in time for some decent weather.

I ordered mine on 14th June, eventually got an email saying it would be 7-10 days. Then emailed them asking what was happening, was told it would be with me yesterday. Just sent another email to try and find out what's happening.

Anyone else still waiting, or had any issues?

/edit - just arrived, better late than never.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
How did you do it?
Is it literally just drill a hole, or have you secured it somehow?

Also woooooooddddd oh man, that's a good haul.

Caporegime
OP
How did you do it?
Is it literally just drill a hole, or have you secured it somehow?

Also woooooooddddd oh man, that's a good haul.

He put masking tape over the area, marked it with a pencil after measuring it so its centred to the handle etc for symmetry.

Started with a small drill bit to make a hole, then a bigger one and then finally a weird cone shape drill bits to smooth off the edges.

He then put a washer underneath, then tighten with a fly nut that it came with.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Where did yu get it from, easier enough drilling holes, haven't seen the wing nut ones before. See a few on ebay, but all from Hong Kong or Korea.

Man of Honour
Thanks, order, and yes that does indeed look smart.

I still regret not spending the extra and getting a webber one touch.
Rather than this stupid triangular thing I have.

Back
Top Bottom