Spec me a Bass guitar

GSR's alright... Not bad components, pretty versatile, and the build quality's solid.

You could go on That Auction Site and search for Warwich Rockbass, I understand that there might be one for sale just now, hint :) I loved it but I just don't play it any more, so it's wasted.

I got an Ibanex SRX350NT for a little over £200 in the summer, brand new from a local shop. I bet you can find the same deal online somewhere. Nice pickups, active eq, and nice thumb rests built in the pickups - love it.

Yup, that's more like it if you ask me.

Try an Epiphone Thunderbird too... You'll either love it, or not. Don't pay shop prices, they can be had new for under £250 if you look hard... I very nearly got one but they lack versatility.

I'm getting one of these soon:

CN-2-5ST-MED.jpg

Yey! *Dances around with glee*. I had no idea Tanglewood made basses, tried the 4 string version of this (with spalted maple top) and it was very nice indeed.

Ibanez track horribly, never sit in a mix well, so never buy one if your serious about your music. Spector are an amazing brand that make quality basses at reasonable prices, a similiar design to warwick basses ( also another brand that sit really well in a mix). Check out the spector Q4, an amazing bass for the price, stylish, great pickups and a lovely finish. A little more expensive, but worth it. http://www.thomann.de/prodbilder/183293.jpg

SherberT* said:
Don't buy an expensive bass for you first, you'll end up getting a better one anyway.

Bass amps are more expensive than guitar amps because there more awesome.

Since I KNOW I'll end up getting a better one anyway, I see no reason not to just get a good one now :p

As for people's comments on Ibanez or this one, I would still be considering it cos I love Ibanez's :p

I_Am_Vengeance said:
Ibanez track horribly, never sit in a mix well, so never buy one if your serious about your music.

What? :p It's highly doubltful that's specific to Ibanez guitars, if something 'tracks horribly' or doesn't sit in a mix well then that's mostly due to the engineer, or the player ;)

Well, I took a dive and ordered the Ibanez. If it's terrible, then I'll come crying to you lot :D

Seriously though, it should be good, can't wait for it to get here.... having lessons from my favourite band's bassist as well :D

I_Am_Vengeance said:
Ibanez track horribly, never sit in a mix well, so never buy one if your serious about your music.

Hundreds of professional recording artists trust and use Ibanez. If you're worried about the mix then you need to look at which studio you're using and who is recording you, not the instrument. A bad workman blames his tools.

Nice one mate, you will be happy with it! Will keep you going!

Drummer jokes are fun , but bassist jokes make me cry lol :p

Ibanez DO NOT track badly, I have recorded myself with 3 different bands using a different Ibanez bass each time.

Every studio I have been to (5) has had at least 1 Ibanez bass actively being tracked.

I don't think baliming the tools is the issue. Its more or less a personal thing. A tone is unique to each bassist and band, finding that and sticking with it may or may not be accepted by others. Just because you think that Ibanez sound/track badly doesnt necessarily mean that is the case to the rest of the music community as a whole.

For instance i think cheap jazz (large neck) bass looks/sounds horrible ;)

badgermonkey said:
Always keep a mini-fridge in the practice area, it's more important than a bassist! :p

I'll maybe post a pic or two when I get it :)

How do you know if the stage is straight....

...See which angle the bassist dribble is :o :p

Back
Top Bottom