Spec me a gaming laptop with 1080p and 17inch screen please

Associate
Im still waiting for my JW to be delivered!! :rolleyes: supposed to be here next Thursday is the latest I have heard.

Yes, it is expensive and there are other machines available that will give similar performance for a lot less money. One of the reasons I went for the G73 was because its meant to be quieter under load (plus I love the looks!). It has a great cooling system venting all hot air out of the back - hopefully low temps will mean long term reliability.. the new nvidia driver is supposed to help increase the gpu a bit too which is good news.

For a laugh I spec'd up a Alienware M17x to as close a spec as I could get to the JW and it came in over £3000!

Last edited:
Associate
I went for the G73 was because its meant to be quieter under load (plus I love the looks!). It has a great cooling system venting all hot air out of the back

I love my G73h And yes they are very whisper quiet & cool as hell all round except the rear vents that channel all the heat. Mine never gets hot under or top of the lappy and i love the stealth look and no fingerprints as its made of a kind of rubber material.

Snap2-11.jpg

ITs never gone above 80c under load but never tried with intel burn test.

Associate
It has a one button over clocking feature on both models of the G73, weirdly I have heard that you somehow get slightly worse fps in some games using this though!?! - I know the nvidia gpu is a decent overclocker - no doubt the ati 5870 is also.

Good to know your pleased with yours ste-sim2x9, its not that often I invest this much in a high end notebook. Just wish it would turn up Im getting a bit impatient!

Associate
I'm not sure but i think in the bios you can set the overclock to stay on all the time instead of pressing the boost button. I never really press the boost button as the G73 just clocks up and down when power is needed.

Soldato
OP
It has a one button over clocking feature on both models of the G73, weirdly I have heard that you somehow get slightly worse fps in some games using this though!?! - I know the nvidia gpu is a decent overclocker - no doubt the ati 5870 is also.

Good to know your pleased with yours ste-sim2x9, its not that often I invest this much in a high end notebook. Just wish it would turn up Im getting a bit impatient!

Did it arrive yet?

Associate
My order fell through exactly the same as yours. No one had any idea when they'd have stock so in the end I gave up and bought one from America. Went for the Jw-3DE , see other thread :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom