Spec me a new kindaimobile 60-80k

Soldato
get that yellow porsche or similar, or the Mclaren....the yellow porsche looks great, but the Mclaren is almost beautiful (all of them)

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry for the delay in my reply, case ran on even longer than expected!

F430 was a beautiful car, very special to drive, especially as mine was a manual. Not especially quick, but communicative and visceral. Huge sense of occasion and drama with every drive, however I would not recommend if you can’t stomach giant bills that would ruin your enjoyment. If you’re a person that would be afraid to drive it if it starts making funny noises, or mileage, then don’t bother. It’ll put you in an early grave. I put 18k miles on mine in a year, and it dropped a $90k bill in the first week of ownership. There are major known weak spots such as the exhaust headers and their secondary cats which can grenade the engine. Everything costs a lot more than it should, and everything breaks earlier than it should - “character”.

GT4 gets as much attention as any of the Ferrari’s and other exotics I’ve had, and just feels like the perfect all around package. Would it be even better with another 100hp? Probably, but I’ve never found it lacking. The GT cars fix the issue with regular Porsche’s for me, in that they’re a little too clinical to drive. You get edge and character like an exotic, but with the benefit of German engineering. True masterpiece of a car, and to me, more enjoyable to drive than the GT3. Gearing is tall as in all 981’s, so first and second are a little long, but too end of second and all of third are very strong indeed.

For what it’s worth, I’ve owned some 60 cars now, and just about every modern exotic. GT4 is the *only* car I’ve ever kept for this long, and is truly the best of all the sub $300k cars I’ve owned.

OcUK Staff

F430 was a beautiful car, very special to drive, especially as mine was a manual. Not especially quick, but communicative and visceral. Huge sense of occasion and drama with every drive, however I would not recommend if you can’t stomach giant bills that would ruin your enjoyment. If you’re a person that would be afraid to drive it if it starts making funny noises, or mileage, then don’t bother. It’ll put you in an early grave. I put 18k miles on mine in a year, and it dropped a $90k bill in the first week of ownership. There are major known weak spots such as the exhaust headers and their secondary cats which can grenade the engine. Everything costs a lot more than it should, and everything breaks earlier than it should - “character”.

GT4 gets as much attention as any of the Ferrari’s and other exotics I’ve had, and just feels like the perfect all around package. Would it be even better with another 100hp? Probably, but I’ve never found it lacking. The GT cars fix the issue with regular Porsche’s for me, in that they’re a little too clinical to drive. You get edge and character like an exotic, but with the benefit of German engineering. True masterpiece of a car, and to me, more enjoyable to drive than the GT3. Gearing is tall as in all 981’s, so first and second are a little long, but too end of second and all of third are very strong indeed.

For what it’s worth, I’ve owned some 60 cars now, and just about every modern exotic. GT4 is the *only* car I’ve ever kept for this long, and is truly the best of all the sub $300k cars I’ve owned.

Says a lot that!
Certainly a brain engaged post a Ferrari would certainly be more a heart than brain decision as it’s so easy to get drawn in by the excitement of its a Ferrari, afterall they are generally the poster car, dream car and the car we generally think we will never own either due to not been able to afford to buy or run, though it’s certainly possible these days.

Kindai I think you should drive another GT4 as I owned my 911 for five years and it was a manual, you know my dislike for manuals but the 911 was never a real issue, I owned the M3 at same time and still used 911 more, I out around 30k miles on that car and never remember really been annoyed by the clutch or gearbox, well until I blew the clutch up. ;)

Yes a PDK is easier and faster, but if you want PDK you need to look GTS which is still great but not a GT4 not even close in special factor.

Try the manual again, maybe visit one at an OPC as they can be better for more extended test drives because after an hour of driving you should forgot that clutch pedal.

Only reason I got rid of 911 I wanted power again.

I had Saleen Mustang with 600HP, then got an EVO X with 400HP and then got a 911 with 360HP. Went lighter and more focused!

I then went power again with Mustang with 500HP and then a Jaaaag with 600HP.

Next car probably needs to combine lightweight and power together for me so 600HP and under 1500kg, ideally though the GT3 scrapes into the next car choice.

Though remember this power is not everything I remember keeping a GTR in the wet very honest in my 911, anything with a turn he was holding me up big time and only straights did he eventually pull away a little as in wet conditions a big heavy car slides sooner and thus slows down.

My 911 and Porsche’s in general have huge mechanical traction and as they are light their ability in the wet with an experienced drivers can be uncanny, they are so planted it’s unreal.

Soldato

Totally off-topic, but did you end up becoming a radiologist in the end Iceman?

IMO the theatre of a Ferrari combined with the fact that they're meant to be awesome to drive would be hard to resist. My concern would be that if you were planning to actually use a Ferrari and god forbid track it, I can imagine just the consumable items would start to rack up a large bill, let alone if something broke that wasn't meant to!

The problem is that the GTR is so fundamentally different to the GT4 that the choice becomes one of personal taste and individual requirements. For what it does, the GTR is pretty exceptional.

If I were to look at a £60k car it'd be a 997 Turbo probably with some change. At the higher bracket the lure of a GT3 is very appealing, but the temptation to buy a newer GTS 911 variant or a 991.2 would be strong also.

Alternatively do something really ridiculous and buy a Sagaris.

Permabanned
The GTR is a awesome machine as you know it. For you now it's either a 720s or a 458.. drive a banger for a tad if you have too. You won't regret it.. merry Xmas...

OcUK Staff
What makes you think the 458 prices will crash?

Asking for a mate... :)

The high-end car market is crashing, this week:

991.2 GT3, advertised 150k, sold at 120k
570S, advertised 117k, dealer offered 95k still did not sell
Hurracan, advertised 152k,, dealer on day of visit offered 144k without even pushing much, they will drop lower.
Honda NSX, already down to 100k
458, already down to 115k
R8 V10 Plus, cars swapping hands high 50's and low 60's

The bubble is bursting big time, yes Ferrari will weather the storm a bit better than others, less cars for sale and of course the 458 is last NA Ferrari that will always help its value and with F430's in the 75-100k region and actually selling, the 458 won't go under this and in fairness the nice 458's are all 130-160k. But they are coming down, but Mclaren, Porsche are dropping like lead stones, if this keeps up in three months you will be able to buy a 570S for 80k, Ill be selling the SVR and getting in a 570S for no money. Just buy and own it outright! A 720S in 6 months will be 120k you watch it happen, it will at which point if it does a 720S would become very tempting.

Honda NSX cheapest three months ago was 140k, today 105k bet they would take 90-95k if you offered!

Their are R8 V10 Manuals for under 50k its bonkers, this is now, loads more cars going back on the market next year from PCP deals and people who can't afford to keep or run them, prices gonna keep dropping and if a recession happens, cheap super cars for all if you got a good chunk of cash to put down. :)

Soldato
Their are R8 V10 Manuals for under 50k its bonkers, this is now, loads more cars going back on the market next year from PCP deals and people who can't afford to keep or run them, prices gonna keep dropping and if a recession happens, cheap super cars for all if you got a good chunk of cash to put down. :)

Please stop putting ideas in my head! A V10 R8 for sub £50k starts to seem very appealing all of a sudden.

OcUK Staff
That is interesting Gibbo. Reason I asked is my mate just got a 458 for about £150k which at the time seemed a good price to me.

Depends on spec, if it’s red, cream interior, red carpets, Ferrari shields and the other must haves and low miles then it’s value will hold! If it’s not then it could tumble and think of it also as every 1000 miles he does is £1000 of the value as Ferrari are very sensitive to miles.

I’ve found a silver one for 129k and I really like it and it’s main dealer so warranty, certainly on my short list as is 570S, GT3 and now NSX :)

Soldato
Depends on spec, if it’s red, cream interior, red carpets, Ferrari shields and the other must haves and low miles then it’s value will hold! If it’s not then it could tumble and think of it also as every 1000 miles he does is £1000 of the value as Ferrari are very sensitive to miles.

I’ve found a silver one for 129k and I really like it and it’s main dealer so warranty, certainly on my short list as is 570S, GT3 and now NSX :)

It’s actually got 20k miles or so on a 13 plate so I guess not terrible but also not that low in terms of miles. Like you say it has red paint, cream leather, red carpet, carbon on the interior and even silver wheels etc so a good spec.

OcUK Staff
It’s actually got 20k miles or so on a 13 plate so I guess not terrible but also not that low in terms of miles. Like you say it has red paint, cream leather, red carpet, carbon on the interior and even silver wheels etc so a good spec.

Yep thats pretty spot on and hence why it cost more. :)

Back
Top Bottom