Spec me an upgrade

F18k here - https://forums.tweaktown.com/gigaby...-bios.html?s=086519123979b4623ccae8d246afdc94

I wouldnt worry about it saying beta, all the ones with letters are, the final versions are just F then a number, so if there was an F18 then that would be the official one for the F18* series, so all the ones a,b,c,d, etc go into the final BIOS.

So I've done some more investigation and it's a rev 1.1 board. The latest bios available direct from Gigabyte is F18i. I'm gonna try and get hold of an adapter from the hardware store tomorrow - if it's open.

Its possible fast boot (if it was even available back then) could be set to ON in the bios, that would stop you pressing DEL to enter it.

SO you could try clearing the CMOS via removing the battery.

I figured it out eventually. The cable only worked in the top right USB slot. I managed to flash the bios, pushed the overclock up to 4.4ghz, and that allowed for the fastest gpu swap out I've ever managed! My 4 year old build is now clean and has a lot more gaming life at 1440p left in it! Thanks for the advice everyone.

NP, glad it worked out for you.

It's a satisfying, yet wierd, feeling running all the latest games on ULTRA with these older rigs just by dropping in the latest GPU.

I'm almost willing something to pop to justify upgrading my system... :)

Back
Top Bottom