Spec me VPN

Soldato
I'm looking for something to replace Nord now that my subscription is up and the introductory rate is finished. Is there anything decent I could get for £2 or £3 per month?

my nord sub is up for renewal at the end of the year, so i will be keeping an eye on this thread for suggestions, dont think i need anything fancy as i only use it for my F1TV subscription

I went from Nord to ProtonVPN

Nord got too big advertising left, right and centre. Getting all these sponsors, now many of their servers are blocked when you use certain services.

Yet to have that problem with Proton and it's been 2 years since I started using them.

If you were happy with Nord, then Nord + Quidco with a different email. Same with PIA, though be warned, because they openly publish serverIP lists, they are blocked more regularly. Proton/Express/SurfShark are all not awful shouts where absolute privacy is perhaps less of a priority.

Last edited:
surfshark for few years now, decent price and like its app, especially for android with split tunneling simply select app you want to route via VPN , I've tried nordvpn and ipvanish didn't like it's approach with split tunneling on android and it's cheaper

Last edited:
I've not tried others but I find Nord hard to beat for speed and server choice (and speciality servers). It also comes with lots of cool value add features (I think) such as threat protection pro. So you have the malware, tracker and ad protection along with malicious download protection. It also has a feature to check for vulnerable apps on your device. Throw in mesh net which you can use for secure file transfers and the dark web monitoring. It's a well rounded package (inc. split tunneling). :)

Surfshark here also but will be looking around come renewal. Worth noting that the likes of them and Nord tend to be on cashback websites so they do work out pretty cheap but I find that sometimes their IPs are blacklisted due to how popular and cheap they are.

I'm on 1gb internet and get close to full speed with them.

Back
Top Bottom