Spec me..

Man of Honour
If it's just a run around for a while why get anything too flash? Why not get something like a mk1/2 mx5 if it's going to be for a short while? If you are going to keep it long term then of course you may want something more comfy. But you'll be back on your bike in 6 months no?

Soldato
OP
If it's just a run around for a while why get anything too flash? Why not get something like a mk1/2 mx5 if it's going to be for a short while? If you are going to keep it long term then of course you may want something more comfy. But you'll be back on your bike in 6 months no?

Ultimately I would like to keep a car too, in 6 months I should be back to 80% of my transport will be by bike and would be useful having a car to use too.

Or my other option is to Buy a nice car for £5k that I would keep for a few years and get saving for a track bike for next summer and just keep my SV.

Dont know what to do so many options, but with the danger of biking with the rod in my leg not sure what to do for the next year at least.

Last edited:
Soldato
prelude ?

Not a bad shout at all. Can't you get one of the rev 5 (this wasvthe last one they did?) for decent money? 2.2 Vtec lump should provide decent fun and cruise around comfortably. The consensus is to avoid the 4 wheel steering system is it not?

Also its definately worth looking at the Civic Vti-S saloons, cheaper than the hatchback variant and thus don't command a premium. Search the forums for pics of Gaijins one, looks mint :).

PS. Seeings as you live close to me I don't mind showing you what the wee MR2 can do ;)

Man of Honour
Also its definately worth looking at the Civic Vti-S saloons, cheaper than the hatchback variant and thus don't command a premium. Search the forums for pics of Gaijins one, looks mint :).

Gaijins is a hatchback. I think they all are except for a small number of Estates?

Soldato
Not a bad shout at all. Can't you get one of the rev 5 (this wasvthe last one they did?) for decent money? 2.2 Vtec lump should provide decent fun and cruise around comfortably. The consensus is to avoid the 4 wheel steering system is it not?

PS. Seeings as you live close to me I don't mind showing you what the wee MR2 can do ;)

Think you could get a 5th gen for that price but i'm not to up on the price of those. 4th gen (the better looking ones:D) can be had easily under budget for a 2.2 vtec. 4ws, if it works is all good but it can cause problems but can be removed easily enough and swapped for a 2ws sub frame should you so wish.

Associate
Saxo VTR/ VTS would be worth a punt if you could find an unabused one. VTR would be better for lots of motorway work.

Soldato
OP

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17896882&highlight=startername_Gaijin

That one? looks quite good!

Soldato
Yah that's the one mate. His is modified with some new wheels, but the standard cyclone alloys suite the car very well :).

My brother used to own one and it was great to drive with around 168bhp on tap it never felt slow, but obviously being a honda lump its doesn't have a huge pile of torque to play with.

Soldato
OP
In the end I bought a......

Mk1 1.8i MX-5 :D

And im loving it :D i randomally came across howards thread on his MX-5 (http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17991971&page=1) and was hooked, so I started looking around, I really wanted a british racing green with Tan interior but saw this one and was in great condition compared to other I had looked at, so today I picked it up :)
Not to sure on the alloys yet, they had to have the worlds supply of weights to balance them :/
Will take some better pics tomorrow.
mx-5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom