Speeding offence cancelled.

Associate
So today I noticed that I missed my speed awareness course deadline by 3days!! So I rang the police ticketing office at least 40 times to get no answer!! Finally rang 101 (non emergency number) and explained my situation and asked if a extension would be possible as I’m only 3 days out, anyway 10 minutes later she comes back to the phone and tells me that I don’t have to worry about points or the course as they are going to be cancelling my speeding offence and that’s the end of it. I’m super happy but also super suspicious as Iv never ever heard of this happening to anyone else.. it’s been 164 days since the speeding offence and it just seems very wierd! Anyone been in this same situation as I’m sitting here scratching my head atm!

Soldato
Probably best in motors.

This isn't entirely unheard of such as when a camera has been found to be faulty or a speed gun calibration found to be out after someone has challenged their ticket. The evidence for other tickets is tainted and therefore they'll cancel them rather than go through the hassle of fighting every single one separately.

How were you actually caught ? I'm assuming you know and admit you were speeding as you didn't challenge it at the time, so put it down to a lucky escape.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Probably best in motors.

This isn't entirely unheard of such as when a camera has been found to be faulty or a speed gun calibration found to be out after someone has challenged their ticket. The evidence for other tickets is tainted and therefore they'll cancel them rather than go through the hassle of fighting every single one separately.

How were you actually caught ? I'm assuming you know and admin you were speeding as you didn't challenge it at the time, so put it down to a lucky escape.
Yeah I was speeding mate doing 71 in my van (didn’t even know about the van rules) so i didn’t bother fighting it! Was caught via speed gun on a bridge!!

Soldato
My wife got a speeding ticket in the post a few months ago, 78 in a 70. She sent of the letter for the speed awareness course the same evening, but the very next day she got another letter from Sussex police in the post saying that her speeding offence had been cancelled: "Upon reviewing the circumstances surrounding this matter, it has been identified that a clerical error has occurred in the issue of this notice."
Strange that it was the very next day, but she didn't complain!

Soldato
If someone challenged a ticket and won or some other legal problem they may just cancel everything from that camera maybe. Cheaper than dealing with all the admin.

Last edited:
Caporegime
So today I noticed that I missed my speed awareness course deadline by 3days!! So I rang the police ticketing office at least 40 times to get no answer!! Finally rang 101 (non emergency number) and explained my situation and asked if a extension would be possible as I’m only 3 days out, anyway 10 minutes later she comes back to the phone and tells me that I don’t have to worry about points or the course as they are going to be cancelling my speeding offence and that’s the end of it. I’m super happy but also super suspicious as Iv never ever heard of this happening to anyone else.. it’s been 164 days since the speeding offence and it just seems very wierd! Anyone been in this same situation as I’m sitting here scratching my head atm!
Was it an officer or a camera?

If it was an unmarked car stopping yoh they usualy seem to be relying on you admiting it as there's no evidence especially that late, so as it's now court they won't bother

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Was it an officer or a camera?

If it was an unmarked car stopping yoh they usualy seem to be relying on you admiting it as there's no evidence especially that late, so as it's now court they won't bother
Was a speed camera van&they also refunded me £50 of the £100 fee for the course

Man of Honour
I paid the fine and took the course in your name.

You might get some Columbians coming to your house, but one favour deserves another.

Back
Top Bottom