Speeding offence cancelled.

Associate
So today I noticed that I missed my speed awareness course deadline by 3days!! So I rang the police ticketing office at least 40 times to get no answer!! Finally rang 101 (non emergency number) and explained my situation and asked if a extension would be possible as I’m only 3 days out, anyway 10 minutes later she comes back to the phone and tells me that I don’t have to worry about points or the course as they are going to be cancelling my speeding offence and that’s the end of it. I’m super happy but also super suspicious as Iv never ever heard of this happening to anyone else.. it’s been 164 days since the speeding offence and it just seems very wierd! Anyone been in this same situation as I’m sitting here scratching my head atm!

Probably best in motors.

This isn't entirely unheard of such as when a camera has been found to be faulty or a speed gun calibration found to be out after someone has challenged their ticket. The evidence for other tickets is tainted and therefore they'll cancel them rather than go through the hassle of fighting every single one separately.

How were you actually caught ? I'm assuming you know and admin you were speeding as you didn't challenge it at the time, so put it down to a lucky escape.
Yeah I was speeding mate doing 71 in my van (didn’t even know about the van rules) so i didn’t bother fighting it! Was caught via speed gun on a bridge!!

Was it an officer or a camera?

If it was an unmarked car stopping yoh they usualy seem to be relying on you admiting it as there's no evidence especially that late, so as it's now court they won't bother
Was a speed camera van&they also refunded me £50 of the £100 fee for the course

Back
Top Bottom