*** SpellForce 3 Thread ***

Associate
SpellForce 3

SpellForce 3 - The perfect blend between RTS and RPG!

It is the year 518. The rebellion of the renegade mages, known as the Mage Wars, has been quashed by the Crown. However, it was a Pyrrhic victory: Whole regions have fallen into anarchy, refugees roam the lands in search of shelter, and a mysterious, deadly plague called the “Bloodburn” has arisen and is spreading rapidly.

In times like these people cling to any sign of hope they can find. The Purity of Light, led by a charismatic man called Rondar Lacaine, claims that mages are the source of all misfortune – and that only the second coming of Aonir, the father of all gods, will return Eo to its former splendor.

The story takes place before the acclaimed SpellForce: The Order of Dawn.
Features:
  • Innovative Mix: Unique gameplay blending RTS and RPG naturally together
  • Create & Customize: Create your own hero and choose between distinct skill trees
  • Build to Fight: Raise your own army and fight epic mass battles
  • Epic Storyline: Immerse yourself in a rich world - Unravel the secrets behind the current situation in Nortander. Explore Eo, a fully-realized world filled with interesting characters and heart-wrenching stories.
  • Make new friends - assemble your party from a diverse cast of companions that not only complement your skills in interesting ways but also have an impact on the narrative. Manage their skills and equipment to ensure victory on the battlefield.
  • Choose your side: Strengthen and command one of three factions – Elves, Orcs and Humans. Prepare your troops and fight the mother of all battles. Play strategically, taking advantage of terrain, troop formations, visibility, scouting, etc.
  • Experience an epic tale: Enjoy a fully-voiced 30+ hour campaign on your own or with friends in the campaign coop mode. Face opponents of all skills in the online battles.
  • Multiplayer: Strong multiplayer component with various modes - Compete against each other in the PvP and Domination mode or play cooperative either together on one faction or classic where everybody plays a faction.

Just purchased this and started playing, 6 hours in so far - never played any of the other Spellforce games. I am really enjoying it so far, the story is fun and has a good Baldur's Gate and Pillars of Eternity feel to it. I also really like the RTS side of it, sort of like Age of Empires and Northgard.

Anyone else playing this?

Associate
OP
This popped up on my Radar also. Does playing any of the other two offer any benefit in terms of story or can I dive into this one okay?

I haven't played any of the other games in the series, and I don't feel as if I am missing anything in this story. It is a prequel, so that probably helps.

Associate
OP
I feel lucky that I haven't had any bugs yet (ones that I have noticed, at least). I'm not that far into the story, as I was playing some skirmish matches at first to get used to the game. Maybe as I play more of the story I will find the story related bugs that I've been reading about.

Soldato
I will defo pick this up but too many games on the go atm.

I read the pre-release version did have quite a few bugs but the actual game release was updated.

Associate
OP
New patch incoming:

GENERAL
- Some higher quality helmet item prices reduced in campaign
- Orb useable item prices reduced in campaign
- Slight adjustments to Raze ability

BUG FIXES
- Fixed "Olive Branch" quest (If you already talked to the messenger, the quest will update the next time you are in Mulandir)
- Fixed not being able to talk to a required NPC for "Going on the Offensive" quest if you were too nice to him
- Fixed crash when using "Create Stone I / II / III" ability
- Fixed consumables sometimes not triggering their cooldown correctly
- Fixed certain abilities not being removed from action groups after a corresponding quest was finished
- Several fixes and improved communication of quest targets for the "Corrupted Hearts" quest
- Fixed some item attribute bonuses not being applied correctly under certain circumstances
- Characters are now replaced if their saved position got invalid because patches made the area unreachable
- Fixed missing gender-specific voice lines in German audio
- Fixed heroes not auto attacking on Unknown Island
- Fixed Human Architect on Iskander Wilds level
- Fixed prices of Trader perks not being applied
- Fixed hair not being acquirable for "The Elixir" quest (you may have to talk to the target twice in order for the dialogue to reset)
- Fixed crash that could sometimes occur in pause menu
- Fixed starting with wrong faction (e.g. as enemy) or only seeing a black map after loading a savegame
- Misc other minor quest fixes

Source: Developer, via their Discord

Soldato
How are other's fairing with there run through?

Completed my first run clocking in about 40 hours. Have to say its a bit of a diamond in the rough, but had an absolute blast playing it. Story was actually solid, graphics looked great and for me the voice acting was very well done.

Few bugs and small minor broken side quests were main issues I had, but otherwise a real good RPG with RTS spin. While not quiet Divinity OS 2 level, its still an amazing game. Hopefully does get some more players as I would really like to see series taken forward!

Back
Top Bottom