Spider identification

Associate
I usually have loads of these under the back door plinth over hang.
Every three months I blast the area with fly spray - this seems to make them come out of hiding and drop to the floor.
Thence they perish - wife hates them.

Man of Honour
Went to close some curtains and came face to face with this - about double the size of any of this type I've seen in the past (orb-weaver?) - do not want! photo doesn't really show the scale very well the body was getting on for an inch long.

Couldn't get a good photo with the light, etc.

OVqF21Q.png

Soldato
Went to close some curtains and came face to face with this - about double the size of any of this type I've seen in the past (orb-weaver?) - do not want! photo doesn't really show the scale very well the body was getting on for an inch long.

Couldn't get a good photo with the light, etc.

OVqF21Q.png

Headcrab? :D

Man of Honour
Just removed the 4th large one tonight! wish I had a video of me trying to catch it LOL it was smart, fast and knew the chase was on but I outsmarted it after some acrobatics.

Hate this time of year - I'm not scared of them but I can't knowingly share a room with one of any size. I'm also annoyingly tuned to the noise of them moving - slightest out of place rustle in the room and I know they are there.

Associate
Just removed the 4th large one tonight! wish I had a video of me trying to catch it LOL it was smart, fast and knew the chase was on but I outsmarted it after some acrobatics.

Hate this time of year - I'm not scared of them but I can't knowingly share a room with one of any size. I'm also annoyingly tuned to the noise of them moving - slightest out of place rustle in the room and I know they are there.

hah , this is pretty much me. I do not mind a spider bro now and again , until my flat mate starts to get all angsty about it

Soldato
Just moved house recently, seems to be a different breed of visitors here

luckily was a friendly fella not in a rush.

Should I be looking to move already though?

I can safely identify that as a spider that likes a firm stamp on its back. In all seriousness it does look like a young false widow though.

There had to be some kind of poison in the bite to get such severe inflammation though?
Spiders are poisonous so you would've been safe to eat it. Probably wouldn't have been very filling though!

Here's one of our false widows that frequently dispatches competing spiders in the locality.

32mm bolster chisel for scale

That's just a horrible old fashioned house spider.

Caporegime
I've removed 3 good size spiders tonight from the house - must be the season :s
I currently operate a taxi service from the bath to the porch, where I place them on my struggling chili plants. Struggling because greenfly are hell bent on swarming over every sodding plant in the entire neighbourhood.

I'm hoping the spiders will at least munch a few of them.. although now some of my chilis just have spider webs on them as well as greenfly.

Back
Top Bottom