Spilt Pepsi near my laptop

Associate
OP
How comfortable do you feel about opening the case? At this point, I really think you should look for liquid damage. Look near the vent, obviously. To clean any corrosion found you will need isopropyl alcohol and a toothbrush.

Look up the Adamant IT channel on YouTube for instructions and advice.
Thank you, I don't feel confident at all opening up the case. I find it odd how the past two days it's been absolutely fine, including gaming and then on a PDF document scrolling it was when the error occurred. I did install the latest Nvidia driver update yesterday, could it be related to that? If it happens again I will revert back that driver and then send it off to the manufacturer. Cheers.

Soldato
Has it BSOD'd since? Did you do any recent windows or driver updates? I'd be looking to make sure all drivers are updated and then do a disk check, it's possible that it has somehow damaged your SSD or RAM but honestly it could just be a bad driver.

Permabanned
Dang it, just got a BSOD 'non paged area' what does that mean? I can't believe a BSOD of that nature will be related to the splash on the vent that I blotted up immediately?

Something doesn’t add up. You either spilt stuff on it or you didn’t.

If you did then liquid damage. If you didn’t then not liquid damage and your BSOD is something else.

It didn’t magically just suck it into your laptop.

Note to everyone no drinks next to electronic devices.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Has it BSOD'd since? Did you do any recent windows or driver updates? I'd be looking to make sure all drivers are updated and then do a disk check, it's possible that it has somehow damaged your SSD or RAM but honestly it could just be a bad driver.
Checked the RAM and SSD and it came back fine. All drivers are updated and disk check was fine. I did reinstall Windows a few days back, so maybe Windows 11 was throwing a one off hissy fit.

Associate
OP
Something doesn’t add up. You either spilt stuff on it or you didn’t.

If you did then liquid damage. If you didn’t then not liquid damage and your BSOD is something else.

It didn’t magically just suck it into your laptop.

Note to everyone no drinks next to electronic devices.
There was splash the size of my small fingernail on the encasing of the air vent which I blotted immediately.

Associate
OP
Dang it, just got a BSOD 'non paged area' what does that mean? I can't believe a BSOD of that nature will be related to the splash on the vent that I blotted up immediately?
It's been five days now and I've not had a BSOD since. Do we think that the BSOD was unrelated? Touch wood I hopefully don't get another one anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom