[Spoilers]***European Championship Qualifying - England vs Switzerland***

Soldato
Good first half from England, best I've seen us play in a long time. Complacent in the second though, the Swiss should probably have scored an easier one during the period Hart was doing his party favourite impression of David James, but you can't really fault anyone for their actual goal, fantastic shot.

Nice to see it takes injuries for yet another England manager to realise that we play our best when Gerrard and Lampard aren't being desperately shoehorned into the same starting eleven.

Man of Honour
I didn't manage to watch the game unfortunately due to only having terrestrial channels at the moment but a 97th minute winner? I'm probably quite glad I didn't watch it but I'm suitably heartened to see that Scotland are still trying their damndest to make it difficult for themselves - managers and players may come and go but the Scottish football team will always try to lose the games they should win comfortably and vice versa.

Caporegime
Feel sorry that the Argentinian players had such a clown in charge of them at the World Cup because they had the players to win it. With Cambiasso back in the team and the pressure off Messi to be at the heart of every attack they look phenomenal again.

Soldato
Feel sorry that the Argentinian players had such a clown in charge of them at the World Cup because they had the players to win it. With Cambiasso back in the team and the pressure off Messi to be at the heart of every attack they look phenomenal again.

Agreed and i think today we saw why fabregas is a sub for spain. Once xabi came on totaly different team.

Caporegime
Had a bit of a shocker tonight ye 'ol Pepe.

Good keeper though, He's alright for someone with a lack of hair :o

England, Meh, I want to get exciting and feel good about the win, but can't.

Still a side brimming with average players.

SWP... well some things never change, he's still ****.

Hart didn't look too good either.

Caporegime
I meant when he slipped he didnt seem to get up quickly....watching it again i guess he couldnt have done much.

He fell on his ass and had to get back up AND reach the ball before the imminently arriving Tevez. Tevez was on a full sprint while Reina was sat on his wallet, there's only going to be one winner in that race and Reina did well to even get near it the second time.

Soldato
Didn't England play well over the two matches without Terry and Lampard? It would be upsetting to see these two idiots regain their places after this.
I agree. I'd have them both in the squad, but right now, I don't see much need for them in the starting team. Jagielka has done enough to earn himself at least a couple more starts, and I'd have Rio alongside him once the latter regains full fitness.

Caporegime
Good result for England last night but lets face it, we are in an easy group so we will qualify for the Euro2012 but when the actual tournament starts we will flop as usual;)...much like what happened at the WC this yr. Even better Walcott is injured now lol...the injuries for Arsenal just never ever stop do they??.

Surprised that Argentina beat Spain so easily...Reina was absolutely terrible though from the highlights i saw.

Soldato
I agree. I'd have them both in the squad, but right now, I don't see much need for them in the starting team. Jagielka has done enough to earn himself at least a couple more starts, and I'd have Rio alongside him once the latter regains full fitness.

I'd like to see more of the Jagielka/Lescott partnership tbh. They were outstanding when they played an entire season together for Everton and looked solid together last night despite not doing so for a year.

Associate
Gutted that Theo got injured just as he was starting to get a run of games and build up a head of steam... hopefully it's just a couple of weeks out.

Adam Johnson looked really good last night he has a great future in an England shirt, Jagielka was authoritative leading the line, and composed on the ball, very impressed with him. Rooney has looked like the Manchester United version of himself in these last 2 games, which is great to see, if he can build on this nascent partnership with Defoe, it could become something good.

The commentators on Sky said no-one played badly but Hart was all over the place and he was taking an age on some clearances too, I hope he isn't getting over-confident with all the hype surrounding him at the moment. One error that costs England (he made 3 or 4 last night that luckily went unpunished) and he will be public enemy no. 1, so he has to keep his composure and not get carried-away.

Barry still isn't the ideal fit for the holding role in midfield. He does OK but his tackling isn't the best, he's got no great pace and he gives the ball away too. Such a shame for England/United that Hargreaves is a crock. I'm not sure who else we have that can play in there. I do think it's clear though, that Gerrard is better that Lampard in the centre of a flat 4 in midfield, he's got better energy and his ball-winning is better than Fat Frank. I think given Lampard's age (32 - 34 when the Euros happen) we should be phasing him out for England now.

Trouble is neither of these two wins were really clinical or as comfortable as the scorelines have made them look, but the press absolutely laud the players like we’ve actually achieved something. Yes it’s nice to see us passing the ball well, but **** me, let’s not get carried away!

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Adam Johnson looks like a hell of a prospect for the england future :)

I can see a lot of anger if Jagielka gets dropped when Terry and Rio are back to full fitness, he's done more than enough to justify himself a place now.

Soldato
Adam Johnson looks like a hell of a prospect for the england future :)

he's a quality prospect, but he's also capable of producing on the pitch right now which is the best part. He can become something special but as of now he performs very well.

Incase you hadnt seen them, nice little vids,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgoogfF3DHE

just type Boro Soccer Skills for the rest.

seems a genuine down to earth lad.

[Edit] ive forgot how to embed youtube videos :\ anybody who could edit this post so it is embedded would be helpful :)

Back
Top Bottom