**SPOILERS** Football 26th Feb - 2nd Mar 2011

Man of Honour
Wenger: 'Van Persie has a tear in the ligament at the back of his knee... it could be three or four weeks'

Not too bad, i hope he manages to return ASAP! At least come back for the final few games of the season!

Caporegime
Bendter is pretty good and i'd certainly take him over Chamakh. And you know he can't blame his form on confidence since he seems immune to believing anything is his fault :D

Thing is, thats why he's calm and thats why he got a goal, two assists against a rampart Barca last year, and helped with the fight back this year. Also why he had one poor touch, ran after the ball won it back then calmly slotted it into the corner.

I also think he has a range of goals NO ONE in the team has, he headed in a fairly tame(accurate and good though) cross and without pace got it where it needed to go, he can head from anywhere, he can shoot from outside the box, inside, curl into top corners, blast it, fumble it over the line.

Both Nasri and Arshavin have essentially played 6 times as much football in the league as Bendtner, yet with his rough statistic of a goal or an assist for every game he starts neither would match that.

Again I'll point out he plays the majority of his games as a right winger, and he isn't a right winger, yet still produces results.

Really don't know why with some players people only focus on the misses, every player misses, even sitters, Rooney's missed dozens of sitters this season, thats life. If he played 3 times as much this season and had 3 times as many goals and assists Arsenal fans would be creaming themselves, the question you've got to ask is why isn't he played more.

Caporegime
DM, not that I'm trying to pretend Bendtner didn't do well, but did you notice how every attack Leyton Orient managed came down their left? And that our right back was suspiciously absent every single time?

I was wondering why Wenger decided to bring on Clichy, Nasri and Wilshere when we were 3-0 ahead, but then I realised that we obviously needed to make the game safe first, so it made sense.

Largely because Eboue afaik is carrying an injury, since he came back from an early season injury when he's played he hasn't had even close to the pace he's had in the past 4 years. He's not match fit and he's seemingly having trouble getting back after pushing forwards, which is something that in Clichy/Eboue you'd never normally say ever, fittest two players we've ever had in terms of getting back after every attack.

Likewise Bendtner did infact track several runs back, and he does so FAR more often in "real" games, frankly there was so little threat it was one of those games the midfield didn't track back much at all as there was little need. In tougher games he gets back frequently and he also does great at defensive set pieces then still gets forward for every attack.

Caporegime
Does Eboue know you're cheating on him with Bendtner?

I think you'll find I've been saying Bendtner has been great for 3 seasons with bag loads of potentials and great stats. While I've only had to stick up for Eboue amongst the wishy washy supporters for the past couple of seasons.

Apparently I'm overly negative about ALL our players, not like the other gooners on here who thought Denilson was a god for a season and now can't stand him, nor thought Song was great for two seasons and are now deciding they were wrong. The same guys who randomly during a great season after two poor games turned on Arshavin.

Man of Honour
OP
Well that will do, we were due to spank somebody. Thank god it happened in the wealthiest, most prestigious, and the most important part of the most important competition we're in this season.

A fifth round FA Cup replay.

Yeap.

Don
Not really mind games, he's just throwing a strop because the press reported what he said :o

Half the written press are still banned from attending press-conferences at Carrington anyway.

Associate
Carrick has signed a new three-year deal at Man U.
despair4.jpg

Associate
FT: 5-0

Credit to leyton for playing football and giving it 100% up until the last second, great team! :)

As an Orient fan thanks for that. We were always going to get thumped by Arsenal, I was just surprised it took two games for it to happen. I thought we actually played better last night than we did in the first game and had more of the ball but Arsenal's finishing was soooooo much better last night than at Brisbane Road that we never stood a chance. Good luck against Man U.:)

P.S. Thought there was no need for Bendtner to go to the O's fans after his 2nd cupping his ear to us. Must have been quite a moment in his career scoring at home against Orient. We hadn't even been giving him any stick until then.

Back
Top Bottom