**Spoilers** International Football - England vs France

Caporegime
He was furious :p

Although it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, Ronaldo did have every right to be furious too. How stupid and selfish could Nani be? :o

Jesus, just seen it, Nani is one of the biggest ****'s in world football to be honest. Ronaldo dives a bit, less than he used to but to be fair he gets the living crap kicked out of him aswell, Nani dives a lot more yet is no where near as good and doesn't get kicked half as much.

You have to be a complete a-hole to do that. Did anyone else see extended highlights, theres another point in the game Ronaldo puts in a perfect pass to put Nani through on goal, theres a ball across the keeper for a simple tap in, but decides to take it himself, and as if to rub salt in the wound decides to try the same kind of chip Ronaldo did for the goal he ruined, and he screws he up and gives it straight to the keeper. I can't believe after completely screwing up one of the goals of the year, he tries the same chip and then fluffs it.

Ronaldo on the pitch, playing well, theres no one better. Messi is great but he doesn't actually often do anything completely random and spectacular, its just the basics done better than almost anyone else. Ronaldo brings the tricks, the trick shots, the pass off his back he did last weekend, every performance is basically a show, and as sport is entertainment, no ones better.

Soldato
Cant believe they made Gerrard play so long in a pointless game!
LFC's physio has tweeted that, due to Gerrard being fatigued, they had agreed with Capello to play him for 60 mins and, baring any half time changes, to be the first sub made.

England camp agreed, then broke their agreement, and now hes out injured. Thanks a lot.
Initial scans show hes going to be out for ~3 weeks. min.

-edit-
And whilst im talking about it, the english FA have forced him to remove his tweet. Classy!
So glad i dont support our national team, nothing better for me then watching Germany school us at the world cup (im being serious).

-edit 2-
And whilst im ranting! Why the **** do the english FA have it in for Liverpool so god damn much?
Numerous times we end up betting butt-probed and do nothing about it.
Like in the WC Qualifiers, when Terry, Rio and Gerrard were injured the weekend before, yet Gerrard had to travel half-way around the world to 'prove' to the english medical team he actually was injured, and the other two didnt.

RAGE!

Last edited:
Soldato
Ronaldo is shmexy.

Was discussing this the other day and I'd rather have Ronaldo in my team simply because what he does is so effective, he's strong, quick, can header, playing him is an almost instant 3 points against the bottom half. He is also rather good to watch ;)

Soldato
Cant believe they made Gerrard play so long in a pointless game!
LFC's physio has tweeted that, due to Gerrard being fatigued, they had agreed with Capello to play him for 60 mins and, baring any half time changes, to be the first sub made.

England camp agreed, then broke their agreement, and now hes out injured. Thanks a lot.
Initial scans show hes going to be out for ~3 weeks. min.

-edit-
And whilst im talking about it, the english FA have forced him to remove his tweet. Classy!
So glad i dont support our national team, nothing better for me then watching Germany school us at the world cup (im being serious).

-edit 2-
And whilst im ranting! Why the **** do the english FA have it in for Liverpool so god damn much?
Numerous times we end up betting butt-probed and do nothing about it.
Like in the WC Qualifiers, when Terry, Rio and Gerrard were injured the weekend before, yet Gerrard had to travel half-way around the world to 'prove' to the english medical team he actually was injured, and the other two didnt.

RAGE!

To be honest I think the players and clubs have got it the wrong way round.

Playing for your country should be 1st and foremost.

It should really be a case of clubs being told not to play him over the weekend before so the team is rested.

Caporegime
To be honest I think the players and clubs have got it the wrong way round.

Playing for your country should be 1st and foremost.

It should really be a case of clubs being told not to play him over the weekend before so the team is rested.

They are professional footballers employed to do a job for their club, randomly someone comes along deems it that player X should come play for you, get injured and can no longer do a job for the club that pays them and often paid millions to buy the player in the first place.

INternational football is by and larger UTTER RUBBISH. England haven't played in a good game since the 5-1 against Germany, I could live without having seen any of the games since then.

Its daft to get players injured playing for their country, even more so in meaningless games, however, Gerrard still chooses to play for his country. An agreement to TRY and bring him off after an hour is one thing, if this was in a contract somewhere that both sides signed, but planning to take him off after an hour doesn't mean they would. As said, Barry got injured, and had he not they would have taken Gerrard off.

Of course Capello left him on thinking England could still win the game because he's deluded.

Players with fitness issues really should stand up and tell their international manager they can't play, honestly I put the blame on Gerrard and no one else.

Then you have the little issue of, if you refuse to play in the pointless games, will the manager choose you for more important games. Meh.

I don't think any player(pele maybe) was considered great just for his world cup/international performances. Of all the current world star players its all built on club form/performances/success.

Fabregas/Villa/Xavi are seen as world class footballers for club before you consider their world cup/euro exploits, they were considered some of the worlds best while Spain sucked balls.

End of the day, Gerrard could have said he can't play, he didn't, his own fault and his club should be angry at Gerrard, no one else.

Soldato
Backofthenet said:
Carroll traps ball well, does step over, wins flick-on, applauds fans, puts on jacket, takes off jacket, smiles wryly (game of football ends 2-1)

Last night, ITV viewers were treated to the first sight of Andy Carroll in an England shirt, followed by 90 minutes of continuous footage of Andy Carroll playing a peripheral role in a 2-1 defeat to France.

Keen to sweep away the vestiges of the Fabio Capello reign, Fabio Capello opted to select a squad of players who had never worn the England shirt and had no idea what happened at World Cup Italia ‘90, plus Steven Gerrard in the unfamiliar babysitting role.

While three players made debuts, ITV made it clear from the outset that the nation would only be interested in one – Jesus-haired, assault aficionado Andy Carroll – by holding the pre-game build-up in front of a giant picture of Carroll with pundits Gareth Southgate [drab], Marcel Desailly [returning to being French after spending the World Cup as a Ghanaian] and Danny Murphy [neither here nor there] wearing Andy Carroll masks.

France enjoyed 96 percent of possession in the first 45 minutes and took a deserved lead through Karim Benzema – a goal that could just about be made out in the distance from the camera-angle ITV selected which showed Carroll standing with hands on hips some 65 metres away.

ITV didn’t broadcast the second French goal, a neat finish from talented midget Mathieu Valbuena, opting instead for a feature on Carroll’s hometown of Gateshead and pushing live match coverage to ITV3.

When Carroll left the pitch in the 72nd minute, Clive Tyldesley unashamedly lost interest in proceedings, rarely making any comment on the action, choosing instead to dreamily speculate as to whether Carroll likes dogs. Lackwitted English-Irishman Andy Townsend ensured that Carroll’s replacement Jay Boothroyd was booed with every touch of the ball.

An embarrassed Carroll sitting on the bench was forced to alert ITV cameramen to Peter Crouch’s consolation goal but the shrewd pundits were quick to point out that the real story wasn’t Crouch’s crisp volley but rather the wry smile that flicked across Carroll’s face after the ball hit the net.

Having seen his side booed off the pitch, Capello is now expected to banish the failed youngsters and find another 11 men who aren’t tarnished by past performances in the England shirt.
http://backofthenet.markwatsonthecomedian.com/

Hahahaha.

Caporegime
The media yesterday were asking what do England get out of all these pointless friendlies....

It's pretty obvious isn't it with an 85,000 crowd and £40 ticket price? £££

Permabanned
England players have terrible technique, that is the long and short of it, and it will not change soon. The papers just want to blame managers and gossip and silly tactics 442/433 and whatever else, and they have a big influence on what the general population think. The sooner people realise that the problem is at under 11s the better, but I dont think people ever will. If you are a kid you just have to hope your coach or parent realises that technique is everything, you can gain the physical and other attributes much later, but if you miss the window at a young age with technique you will never ever be able to master the skills.

Back
Top Bottom