**SPOILERS** The Football League Cup 2010/2011 Final

Man of Honour
Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Not much in the way of English football, but as usual there's plenty of German/Italian/Spanish/Scottish football about.

Do the images (poorly set...), appear with ads or not for people? Trying new hosting service.

As is usual with our trophy cabinet there are far too many second places compared to firsts. Hopefully Sunday will go to partially rectify that in the League Cup column. Wins/losses: 13/8 for leagues; 10/7 for FA Cups; 2/4 for League Cups; 0/1 European Cup; 1/2 UEFA Cup; and 1/2 Euro Cup Winners' Cup.

It isn't our preferable trophy but right now any will do.

Such a pity that Theo and Cesc will miss out. One big motivator to keep Cesc is to get him winners medals but it appears it's not to be (yet ;)). Still hopefully RvP will be back. On paper this is heavily weighted in our favour, but Brum are far from an easy side to beat.

Last edited:
Associate
Cant wait, hopefully we can give Arsenal a match. A bit disappointed that Cesc isn't playing because his world class, but it gives us blues now a better chance of winning the cup !!!

Ps. Am I the only Birmingham fan on this Forum?

Caporegime
I just worry we end up losing without playing Cesc, who apparently thinks he can play, will just be incredibly angry if Wenger refuses to risk him for easily our best chance of silverware in years.

Cesc plays, get injured, we lose, he'll feel guilty and want to make up for it, assuming injury effects us in other cups, or we refuse to play him, we lose the Carling Cup final, we miss out on all the other cups and Cesc is angry.

Meh, just reading that we've given Nasri a ridiculous contract to stay at Arsenal, The Sun is saying 26mil 5 year deal at over 100k a week, but that would make him the highest paid player at the club, and frankly, he's not in the top 5.

I've said it all year, against Stoke when asked to step in for Cesc, he was anonymous, this year he's been entirely missing in midfield, fantastic in the box, woeful outside. I can see Wenger pushing him alongside Wilshire again while he'd do much better on the wing with less getting back and more being in the box to score.

Lets just all keep our fingers crossed that Diaby doesn't play, or start, or get a damn medal, whats the deal with cup medals, in the league you need to hit a certain amount of appearances, does anyone whose appeared on the pitch during the cup get a medal, subs bench?

Soldato
Clearly no bias given with the image sizes.....:p

I'll go for a 3-1 Arsenal win, but it wouldn't suprise me if it wasn't until the last 10 minutes that Arsenal scored their 2nd and 3rd goals.

Caporegime
Glad to see the real matches this weekend will have their own thread! :p Can't see past an Arsenal win today, I reckon 3-0.

Today???...what you been smoking?? lol

Hopefully we will bag a trophy tommorrow...disappointed that Fabregas isnt playing but rumours are that if Arsenal win tommorrow then they will get him to lift the trophy depending on what the FA say.

RVP will be our captain, so hoping he bags a few goals...ill say 2-1 to Arsenal and i imagine we will struggle for most of the game as thats the Arsenal way ie make lots of chances in front of goal but make nothing of them:p.

Soldato
Clearcut you would have thought, most if not everybody would call that on the back of seeing arsenal turn over the blues on tv at st'andrews earlier in the season. Birmingham had their moments in some tidy build up play, but the lack of a finsher hurts them hard, bolt on jerome might not be fit.... thats their only outlet shot from open play.

Ofc the gods could conspire, posts/bars.... too many wonderfull arsenal passes that go nowhere 10 yards from goal, then the desperate stuff that falls right into mc'leashes gameplan starts to happen.. and the travestry of a brum 1-0 plays out.. to the hail of magnificence from the manager in the post match interview.

Hope Arsenal win by 4 or 5 though... be great to watch, and winning it could be a springboard.... skybet had them at 175-1 to win all four...

Thats gota be worth a throw away tenner if you can spare it:)

Soldato
Not even slightly clear-cut. Birmingham will be absolutely up for this, and they're a bunch of stubborn gits when they want to be. I'd have much rather faced West Ham. Plus we're missing two of our best players.

Nervous. :(

Man of Honour
OP
I just worry we end up losing without playing Cesc, who apparently thinks he can play, will just be incredibly angry if Wenger refuses to risk him for easily our best chance of silverware in years.

Cesc plays, get injured, we lose, he'll feel guilty and want to make up for it, assuming injury effects us in other cups, or we refuse to play him, we lose the Carling Cup final, we miss out on all the other cups and Cesc is angry.

Agree, it's a tough call to see if it's a worthy risk.

Is it worth ensuring 4th place or higher at the expense of a Carling Cup? That would really be the important one, since as luck would have it we've drawn Barca and UTD for the other two tournaments. Though perhaps it is worth the risk, with Barca, a FA Cup replay and then a possible tie with UTD all coming up fairly soon, should we risk tomorrow and the expense of those three games and maybe only a league game or two? Don't forget too that things may well be exaggerated, he might actually bit fit and ready.

It's also worth pointing out that Cesc has been less effective this season, playing slightly deeper now. Could Wilshere stay back and do the same job, thus putting Nasri behind the strikers? It's been done before with good results.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh give over DM, like you need an excuse to whinge. If he does play Fabregas, and we win, but Cesc gets injured, you'll still moan about the stupid risk he took.

I'll bet I won't see one happy post from you if we get the win tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom