*SPONSORED* Project OCD

Associate

Hi all,

I am a humbe IT guy from Devon with an interest in IT and i love paying things forward. I have done a few builds in existing cases but never found the perfect case, so i thought to myself... why not build one?

Project OCD is to be a celebration build displaying all the skills i have learnt over the years and an extra special build to really push myself to learn new skills in a super clean and organised build anyone with Tech related OCD would be happy to own.

Not only is this going to be my biggest wiring challenge but I am also Planning to build my own case from scratch.

It’s not going to be the quickest project, nor the most expensive but hopefully one of the most unique.

Once the build is complete i will be raffling it off to raise funds for a local charity who i think do amazing work (www.cedaonline.org.uk)

So i'm aiming to get some sponsors on board to supply hardware and i will also be donating my own time and money into case materials and the build in general.
So far i have got two sponsors on board (photographer friend of mine) who has kindly donated a gpu and fans towards the build and Bitfenix who have supplied a PSU and some LED lighting.

The case is an open air design with concealed PSU and HDD along with vertical GPU and sleeved cabling. I'm aiming for a super clean super modern build using MDF, Acrylic and stainless steel.
I will get design and progress pics up when i can :)

I think this is going to be a tough build to raise interest and parts but here is what i have so far:

Currently have:

Bitfenix - Whisper 650w PSU
Bitfenix - Alchemy 2.0 Magnetic LED strips
JSPhotography - XFX R9 270
JSPhotography - Noctua 90mm fan
OCUK member HoneyBadger - z170 1151 Asus motherboard
OCUK member HoneyBadger - 240mm Rad
OCUK member HoneyBadger - 1151 waterblock
OCUK member ExPerienceThis - 480gb SSD
OCUK member ExPerienceThis - 1TB WD Spinner

Still needed:
CPU (socket 1151)
Tubing and fittings for watercooling - possibly sorted?
RAM

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for the reply, Sadly i have already spoken to OCUK (not through the forum) but they said they couldn't offer any help :( had a lot of rejection so far!

That's a shame! Surely @Gibbo can offer up a cheeky something? :)

The case you're making, what form factor are you going with? I could provide an ITX Asus Z170i Gaming board if that's any use? It's not new but works 100%.

Soldato
@Sabitech

you planning to water cool at all ?

Alphacool currently helping me out and do have an Eisbecher DDC and res along with 240 rad that I may have over ordered just incase, sure I can ask to pass along if you can rig in water- although I have no block - but not hard to find an Alphacool CPU block in UK Shops

Associate
OP
I would love to WC if the offer is there?
As it stands i am giving up my own cpu, motherboard and AIO to keep it moving but if Honeybadger was willing to donate the Mobo, i could definitely work with the W/C!

I would also like to add, anyone donating kit will be mentioned on the build, logos / links to business pages and profiles can be promoted too.

Associate
Hi, been a long term lurker on the forums and this caught my eye so had to post.

I have a sandisk 480Gb SSD and a 1Tb WD HDD that I would love to offer - need to check the SSD as its been out of action for a while but all yours if you want it.

XP

Associate
OP
I thought it was time for an update so here are the first cuts been made on my very basic equipment:

Box cleaned up and testing if it actually fits together!

Test cutting the backplate:

Sadly cant actually test fit the hardware fits in here untill i get all the parts together but fingers crossed i don't have to re-cut it all! haha!

Associate
OP
Hi there paradigm, at the moment we have the following outstanding:
Cpu (1151)
Watercooling piping
RAM

I think everything else (pending on ExPerienceThis checking the drives) is covered! Only other bits are things like acrylic for the mid plate, brushed ally for the lower box, paint etc.

If you think you have someth No that may come in useful by all means pop me an email at [email protected] as I’m planning on this being the first of many project builds

Back
Top Bottom