***Official Squad Thread***

Soldato
what cpu have you got? I can run it ok on my specs and there hardly anything special :)

Its not a cpu made for gaming, 8 haswell cores but locked to about 2ghz. If people getting fps drops its possible it works nicer for me, so I will def test this update. need to reinstall Ive not played much since launch but I got faith they'll do a good job

Associate
Lighting is going to get a rework on all maps eventually. ReShade may no longer be usable for much longer as there is a bit of an exploit going around. Unless the ReShade devs can do something about it then I can see most decent MP games blacklisting it. Remember you can use some ReShade-esque effects in your GPU settings if it does get blacklisted.

We're also aware of the FPS drops with v10. There's been a lot of new system put in and they need a little more love.

Shame to hear that ReShade may get blacklisted! I have used this since the early days of squad. :(

Soldato
Shame to hear that ReShade may get blacklisted! I have used this since the early days of squad. :(

Yeah same as this. I use reshade purely for the improved image, the preset i use offers better colours, better sharpness and a touch of AA. To remove this due to some cheating ***** is rather bloody annoying.

Soldato
OP
Yeah same as this. I use reshade purely for the improved image, the preset i use offers better colours, better sharpness and a touch of AA. To remove this due to some cheating ***** is rather bloody annoying.

Yup, nothing we can do unless ReShade hopefully decide to make a version where this exploit isn't possible so we can just white-list that one. We'll see...

Permabanned
I like the update but my core issues with the game remain

- getting into servers with mates is an absolute nightmare, most servers are either completely full with a huge que or are empty, there is rarely anything in between and it makes it really hard to join servers with mates without s very long wait... then when you get into the server you spend another 20 minutes trying to get on the same side. For a game called “squad” it sure is hard for mates to squad up together. Often we just give up trying and go play something else.

- I’m still finding maybe 1 in 5 rounds to be good (probably being generous there tbh), the rest are usually awful as you get lumped with a squad lead who doesn’t speak or gives up at the first sign of trouble... it’s really not a good game for playing with randoms unless you luck out with a good squad which is pretty rare. Which makes it all the most frustrating that it’s so hard to get into servers and the same team with mates.

- community is pretty hostile, too many overly serious types who literally rage like children if you don’t do exactly what they say, the same kind of poin dexters who rape all the joy out of arma etc..

Maybe I’m just having bad experiences on bad servers but seeing as you rarely have any choice as to what server you join due to most of them always being full I can’t do much about it other than get about 15th in que and wait an hour or two in the hope the server I join will actually be good.

free looks nice though, although you look like your gliding along the ground when you look far left and right

Soldato
I had an interesting game last year on a german server (all of my regulars were full). Despite my gcse level language barrier, I was still able to enjoy the co-operation with my squad mates, having picked the medic, rushing about doing my thing. SL was calm (judging by the tone of voice) and we all kept together as a group and did reasonably well taking and defending objectives.
I think it very much comes down to who's in the squad. Those who are there to have fun, albeit with some aggressive manoeuvring towards the enemy, always end up being the best team mates. I don't like being SL myself; too much like trying to herd cats imo. Having said that I always rely on and expect the vast majority of players to understand the basic concept of the game and not have me micromanage them as SL. I'm also always clear about ideas put forward by the rest of the squad; you got a better plan, or location for the next rally point? Lets have it and go and get some!

I tend to leave squads with overly assertive SL's who rage and trip out - ffs it's a game. It's supposed to be fun. That and kids with squeaky voices barking orders like the're Khrushchev in 'enemy at the gates'.

Quite often end up with the same players under the same SL round after round. One of the most satisfying gaming moments was for members of my squad joining me as SL for the next round and saying we liked the last round with you as SL, so we're back for more. Good camaraderie is universal in that respect.
A game like squad won't hit that mark every time, but it's there more often than not (this is from a long time moh/cod2 realism obj/clan gamer, where the team was everything to success and enjoyment).

Soldato
OP
Enjoyment can definitely vary round due to who is in your team/squad. I normally stick to servers that have good admins on that soon sort out any bad eggs that are about. Audi getting to know the regulars of a server helps as you can wait for then to create a squad and hop in.

Soldato
So, rumour is that as of Monday Reshade will be banned from Squad.. GG

So, i dont know what happens from here. I would like to think that the Devs from this & pubg etc will get in contact with the programmer of Reshade and disable whatever filters enables "cheating"

Soldato
So, rumour is that as of Monday Reshade will be banned from Squad.. GG

So, i dont know what happens from here. I would like to think that the Devs from this & pubg etc will get in contact with the programmer of Reshade and disable whatever filters enables "cheating"

It's a fisheye filter that at the press of a button zooms in on the center 1/4 of the screen or so.

It's still the same Res so looks awful but it's definitely capable of giving an advantage so I don't blame them for banning reshade temporarily.

I do like reshade but not for in game advantages, that filter serves no other purpose

Associate
right,squad wont play for me today, I get an error saying untrusted system file,im guessing this must be the reshade? has not being able to play with a reshade kicked in yet? and how the hell do I delete the reshade if it has? lol

thanks

Soldato
It's a fisheye filter that at the press of a button zooms in on the center 1/4 of the screen or so.

It's still the same Res so looks awful but it's definitely capable of giving an advantage so I don't blame them for banning reshade temporarily.

I do like reshade but not for in game advantages, that filter serves no other purpose

Windows magnifier does the same thing, I used this back in the old version of Rust with a bolt action rifle, it's not perfect but it worked.

Associate
Such a shame to see ReShade banned. I used it purely for Vibrance and Sharpness. Not looking forward to going back to base colors, let's face it they're pretty dull.
Guess ill just have to play around with the digital vibrance on my graphic's card.

Lets hope the ReShade devs can come up with a solution pretty quickly :)

Soldato
OP
Some of the devs are currently in the middle of an AMA on reddit. Check it out if you are one of those brave people who use it! https://www.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/comments/7zq1y0/we_are_the_developers_of_squad_ask_us_anything/

Such a shame to see ReShade banned. I used it purely for Vibrance and Sharpness. Not looking forward to going back to base colors, let's face it they're pretty dull.
Guess ill just have to play around with the digital vibrance on my graphic's card.

Lets hope the ReShade devs can come up with a solution pretty quickly :)

The ReShade dev doesn't think there's an issue so I doubt there's going to be a different version any time soon.
You can use the GPU settings like you said or if you have an NVIDIA card you can use Freestyle if you configure it to work with Squad.

Back
Top Bottom