1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sri Lanka massacres

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dis86, Apr 21, 2019.

1. StriderX

Capodecina

There are literally hundreds if not thousands of ‘pagan’ faiths, I seriously don’t have the time to be armchair historian.

So I’ll concede further argument, it’s a bit like the Christmas tree and Christmas, parts of it aren’t the sole ownership of any one faith.

2. Mason-

Mobster

I'm not asking you to, you just claimed it so I thought you knew or had an example. It's a bit silly to just claim it's a pagan tradition and not have any evidence to back it up.

3. StriderX

Capodecina

I did have evidence (it was actually more Assyria than Babylon, but eh), not perhaps for the claim that Christianity stole their own idea of Easter, but that it’s has parts of many other ideas that predate the faith in question.

It didn’t suddenly come into being with the right to those ideas. As I said you can have your Easter.

@Evangelion are you timetraveling, your replies don’t update for ages...

4. CREATIVE!11

Soldato

Lmao calling them "Easter worshippers"

5. ScoTTyBEEE

Wise Guy

All hail Easter. honk honk.

6. slipperydave

Gangster

7. Uther

Sgarrista

Over 290 confirmed dead now. Utter, utter scum. :(
    That British guy who lost his wife and children, I don't think I could carry on if something like that happened.

8. James_Duncan_Smith

Associate

Sorry what exactly did it steal? Or are you making crap up? Trying to draw tenuous links then backtracking?

And per earlier poster this whole thread has been a circle jerk of talking about all and everything apart from main issues. As is usual with such discord when it comes to other religions...everyone dodging all the main issues.

Because tolerance is used as a mask. A mask of fear for a backwards violent ideology that has caused undue misery and can't hide behind the concept of the core concepts being abused. Because it was founded on such principles.

Going to be an interesting century.

9. FoxEye

Capodecina

Given that one of the attacks hit a church on an important Christian holiday, can we agree they deliberately targeted Christians, or is this going to be another head in the sand moment?

10. CREATIVE!11

Soldato

BRB worshipping easter.... honk.

11. Evangelion

Capodecina

None of this is true. Please stop repeating long-debunked ideas from non-experts.

^^ That's the academic consensus.

None of this is true. Please read this article by an atheist historian.

I'm on moderation.

12. Johno please?

Mobster

Awful, I bet he wishes he went as well, I knew I would.

The Asos owner also lost 3 of his 4 children :(

13. mrbell1984

Capodecina

It's gone to 310 people dead now according to the news papers. Bloody religion ripping people apart again. :mad: so sad.

14. CAT-THE-FIFTH

Capodecina

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-48019189

Apparently the warnings that were given were not fully heeded due to the political instability in the country. It looks like the bombings were less about any local issues.

15. doodah

Capodecina

Different circumstances but not the first time we have heard warnings falling on deaf ears, though this does sound like a worrying amount of people didn't receive it/act on it in time.

16. Roar87

Mobster

I wonder who is behind telling Obama and Hillary to use the term "Easter worshipers" rather than Christians. They both did it so there's clearly a deliberate choice of language. To me it feels like divide and conquer to push Globalism and avoid uniting groups, break up any sort of unity so there's no concerted opposition.

17. Evangelion

Capodecina

I'm all for criticising their mealy-mouthed phrasing, but how exactly does saying 'Easter worshippers' rather than 'Christians' push globalism? Do you even know what globalism is?

18. Pudney

Soldato

In my experience Christmas and Easter are two of the busiest times at churches, with many only really going to church around those times. So a distinction between regular attendees and, let's say "part time" attendees, isn't an outrageous notion.

I do like to see that you're getting triggered by the use of "Easter worshipers" though.

19. 200sols

Wise Guy

Why couldnt they just call them Christians? They dont have a problem saying Muslims after the far right attacks?

20. Roar87

Mobster

Why do you like to see me getting triggered? I'm wondering why there was specific use of that language rather than simply stating that Christians were attacked during Easter celebrations, I mean it's obviously to avoid stirring anti-Islamic sentiment, but who told them to do it?