SSD - BootMgr is missing

Associate
I think I'm in need of some help here guys! :(

My OS drive is an OCZ Vertex 2E SSD. I had a BSOD on Wednesday and after reboot I keep getting "BOOTMGR is missing" message.

Now I've tried to repair the OS/drive by running the repair tool multiple times but that hasn't helped.
I've also run the BootRec.exe commands and that hasn't done anything to resolve my boot issue either.

Running Bootrec.exe /Fixboot - returns a success message
Bootrec.exe /Rebuildmbr finds the windows installation on my I: (supposed to be C: but is now I: for some reason) but after selecting Yes, it says no element found.

I've also located the 100MB boot partition but this seems to be located on an E:\ and not the C: SSD, which to confuse things is now recognised as my I:

I've also tried a nuclear holocaust method detailed in the EasyBCD website as detailed below (replace C: with E:)

attrib -h -s C:\boot\BCD

del C:\boot\BCD
bcdedit /createstore c:\boot\bcd.temp
bcdedit.exe /store c:\boot\bcd.temp /create {bootmgr} /d "Windows Boot Manager"
bcdedit.exe /import c:\boot\bcd.temp
bcdedit.exe /set {bootmgr} device partition=C:
bcdedit.exe /timeout 10
attrib -h -s C:\boot\bcd.temp
del c:\boot\bcd.temp

but this fails on this line
bcdedit.exe /import c:\boot\bcd.temp

err and past this point I'm at a complete loss. The light is still green on front of the SSD and I'm not sure if i have messed things up by doing the Nuclear holocaust commands to simply try swapping cables around but I'm willing try anything.

I'm not currently looking to wipe and reinstall windows but I understand this my be the only option I have but if that's the case is it still possible to create an image of my OS drive and re apply it?
Also is there any way to access my files still on the OS drive? I would like to grab these and copy them over to my NAS drive if i have to resort to reinstalling windows.

to summarise this is what priority i would like to resolve this:
1) fix the drive using repair commands/tools
2) produce an image of the drive and then wipe and reapply the image.
3) back up the contents of the drive and reinstall windows.

Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom