SSD not being detected

Soldato
Ok, so I hadn't been on my main PC for a few days at least (us my laptop mostly). I booted it up and was greeted with a screen saying "Reboot and select a proper boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key".

I did a Google and found that maybe the drive somehow went Inactive. So I fired up DISKPART, but doing the "list disk" command didn't show the SSD. I have looked in the BIOS and again, the SSD isn't being detected at all. Tried changing SATA ports and changing the power cables around, but nothing.

Really not sure what to do. The SSD is pretty much brand new, only having about 30 odd cycles, and has the latest firmware from Crucial (its the 64GB M4).

Any ideas? I'm praying its not broke, as there was nothing to suggest it was about to!

Soldato
OP
Any advice? Tried it in my laptop and again it wouldn't detect.

Should I just RMA it? Says you need to call Crucial to discuss how the SSD was used.

Soldato
OP
Gave them a call and they suggested I try a power cycle (leaving it on for 20mins, then off and then on again for 20mins), but it didn't work, so getting an RMA. Seemed like an easy enough process which was good.

Back
Top Bottom