SSD on Sata2

Soldato
So I should be able to afford myself a shiney new SSD soon. Incase people havent seen my other threads I've had a few problems with slow loading on a lot of games and such and my raid is under performing and I thought an SSD would be the obvious fix!
Now the one I was thinking about was:
Crucial RealSSD M4 64GB 2.5 SATA 6Gb/s Solid State Hard Drive
Is this still as highly recommended as the last time I read up on them lol.
My plan is not to boot from it as my pc gets switched on first thing in the morning when I wake up and I go get some bfast so have plenty of boot time. I would mainly be having my top 2 or 3 games on it like BF3 for example.

so yeah is that SSD still good, and how much of a boost is it on Sata2 compared to my rubbish 80meg/sec on my raid?

Permabanned
OS should be the first thing you put on it. Your OS uses your hard drive all the time, not just when you boot.

Then you put your programs on the SSD too, but you'd run out of space with just 64GB.

Soldato
OP
Hmm. so having the OS on it might also improve game performance?
As for the size, yeah I'm a bit tight for money. this is money I shouldnt be using tbh as it is.

Permabanned
There was a thread a few days ago where people were giving accounts on how they thought switching to an SSD would drastically improve game loading times, but they were disappointed because it didn't make as much difference as they expected.

But everyone says it makes a huge difference to the OS in general.

Sounds like you've answered your own question - probably better on figuring out what's going on with your existing setup, maybe a dying HDD, or misconfigured etc. Maybe someone else can speak on that.

Back
Top Bottom