SSD troubles

Soldato
I have a Samsung 256GB SSD in my machine as the system drive. Every so often, I will get a BSOD and when I try to reboot the SSD is not being detected by my mobo. It's a temporary issue: if I leave the PC off overnight the drive will generally be detected again in the morning.

Any thoughts on what this might be? The drive is no more than two years old and hasn't been thrashed, and the fact that it works perfectly most of the time suggests it isn't a physical fault with the drive.

Soldato
Assuming you are using Windows 7. Start menu > Right click Computer and choose Properties > From the left hand side, choose Advanced system settings > From Startup and Recovery, near the bottom, click the Settings... button > Under System failure, make sure Automatically restart is NOT ticked > Click Ok.

Now restart your computer. Hopefully it will save a dump file, when it next crashes, that you can analyse with WhoCrashed. If not, you might need to change the dump file location to another drive which isn't suspected faulty.

Back
Top Bottom