stages of fttp ?

Caporegime
There’s not really any ISPs that offer FTTP and are consumer-oriented enough to be price competitive and offer cashback deals. So for the moment FTTP means BT.

Associate
OP
There’s not really any ISPs that offer FTTP and are consumer-oriented enough to be price competitive and offer cashback deals. So for the moment FTTP means BT.
yeah after looking on and off most of the day i did not manage to find anything competitive with bt.
so earlier on i double checked the dsl checker sure enough fttp available so i tried to make a order online and right at the end of the checkout it said sorry they could not process it something about making changes to or altering a package i have :confused:
i picked up the phone made a call got the package i wanted ordered and even managed to get the mastercard as well :) then 10 minutes later i read the contract and for some reason it only says 20mb upload:eek:
i may call them tomorrow to see whats going on because the price is the same and its the top package they offer for my postcode so im not to sure whats going on.

Soldato
After just buying our first home (complete on friday) I made some calls to try and get internet. Realised that we can only go with BT and didn't realise that FTTP was available until I called. Checked with developer etc and just placed an order for it :) bit more expensive than we pay currently but about 10 times as quick. Hopefully it's good. And the house has data cabling so I can put in a couple of access points too!

Associate
OP
After just buying our first home (complete on friday) I made some calls to try and get internet. Realised that we can only go with BT and didn't realise that FTTP was available until I called. Checked with developer etc and just placed an order for it :) bit more expensive than we pay currently but about 10 times as quick. Hopefully it's good. And the house has data cabling so I can put in a couple of access points too!
Thats certainly a bonus having data cable already installed, out of curiosity i have a few questions what grading is the internal cable ? and did you order online and what package did you order with what speeds? cheers

Soldato
Thats certainly a bonus having data cable already installed, out of curiosity i have a few questions what grading is the internal cable ? and did you order online and what package did you order with what speeds? cheers

I believe it's cat6 but the sales guys on site didn't really know. It only goes to the two double rooms and beside the tv but the ports are right next to the FTTP router so a few switches will sort it out. I may pull in another cable before the carpet is laid for the room I'll use for my office.

I tried to order online and it found my address but wouldn't go through on checkout. Phoned up and had it placed in a few mins. Went for the superfast fibre unlimited 2 package at £59.99 think it said avg speed is 320Mb and guarantees 100Mb.

What package are you considering?

Associate
OP
I believe it's cat6 but the sales guys on site didn't really know. It only goes to the two double rooms and beside the tv but the ports are right next to the FTTP router so a few switches will sort it out. I may pull in another cable before the carpet is laid for the room I'll use for my office.

I tried to order online and it found my address but wouldn't go through on checkout. Phoned up and had it placed in a few mins. Went for the superfast fibre unlimited 2 package at £59.99 think it said avg speed is 320Mb and guarantees 100Mb.

What package are you considering?

Congratulations on you moving that cable install sounds like it may get some use. I ordered over phone also the same 300 odd mb manage to bag the mastercard which the other customer rep could not do. I am going to call them tomorrow though because my contract came through and the uploads 20 :confused:.
however the address checker says 330 50 available and zen do a 150 down 30 up a little cheaper so if bt cannot give me some increase on it i think i may cancel before it starts tuesday, also have you managed to create bt id yet :D

Soldato
Congratulations on you moving that cable install sounds like it may get some use. I ordered over phone also the same 300 odd mb manage to bag the mastercard which the other customer rep could not do. I am going to call them tomorrow though because my contract came through and the uploads 20 :confused:.
however the address checker says 330 50 available and zen do a 150 down 30 up a little cheaper so if bt cannot give me some increase on it i think i may cancel before it starts tuesday, also have you managed to create bt id yet :D

Haha, the upload speed isn't a big thing for me tbh just use onedrive for backup atm but poss get a local NAS as well. Forgot to say about the mastercard, might give them a ring back about it!

Yeah set up BT ID but it hasn't linked my order yet. Pretty sure I can't get Zen in our development but may have a look. Is yours a new build?

Associate
OP
Haha, the upload speed isn't a big thing for me tbh just use onedrive for backup atm but poss get a local NAS as well. Forgot to say about the mastercard, might give them a ring back about it!

Yeah set up BT ID but it hasn't linked my order yet. Pretty sure I can't get Zen in our development but may have a look. Is yours a new build?

Yeah the estate is not showing up on most databases so everything is a bit of a merry go round :)

Will be speaking to BT today about why 20mb is my Max upload that's for sure.

Associate
OP
How did you get on with this @stellasuppa ?

I've had mine activated today with no hitch and currently tested 295 download and 49 upload.

Yeah had it activated a couple of weeks ago i get about 270 and the 50 upload i was mor bothered about still not received my mastercard but they did say 30 days. Need to ditch this homehub though cannot even ping the wan port :D

Back
Top Bottom