Star Trek: Picard

Soldato
Now only a few months away, surely we can start chatting/speculating

Set in the year 2399, the first season will be the last time we get to see the 24th Century

mc4q5z.png

Uniforms are interesting

2d011er.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Excited but weary. The hope in me hopes that Stewart wouldn't sign up to do some shoddy show but the cynic in me wonders if he has bills to pay :p.

I did read something from the writers saying there was no comedy and would be much darker.....interesting

Sounds to me like Picard has lot the plot poor sod

Soldato
OP
"Why did you leave Starfleet, Admiral?"

Oh I don't know, maybe because he's 80? Earl Grey can only keep you young for so long.

15 years ago, so 5 years after the TV show.

Interesting line "then the unimaginable happened'

Picard would have most likely done something to save everyone but would have come at a cost.

Soldato
OP
Like Star Trek Discovery, it seems we have two running threads for this show.

Come on mods lol, can you merge the two to avoid confusion?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
This looks absolutely awesome. I know many hate the borg and think it's been done to dealth, but meh, bring it on!

This facility has gone 5843 days without an assimilation

That's 16 years (did they say Picard led the armada 16 years ago in the first teaser trailer) <-- just checked, it was 15 years

Right, so that prison is at least 16 years old and has something to do with the borg. Then a year later Picard leads an armada. Interesting.

No idea who the girl is.......have the borg produced some kind of next gen cyborg perhaps? and how the hell did Romulans capture a cube (can't wait to see 24th/25th century tech)

Maybe a borg origin story ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It would be 30+ years old by then, the original Enterprise in Trek 3 was considered to be at retirement age before it got stolen to look for Spock and it was 30. Though that might not apply to TNG era.

Probably just easier to use the existing Enterprise E 3d model than create a new design anyway.

Either way, id love to see a badass next gen Enterprise F

Soldato
OP
I really enjoyed DS9 once it got into season 3 with the dominion war. ok, not your typical star trek type show, but it was enjoyable.

The bajoran emissary thing was a bit daft, but the war with pretty much the entire alpha quadrant was great.

Soldato
OP
https://www.cbr.com/star-trek-picard-very-different-borg-story/

I'm wondering if they are going to portray the Borg as being the ones persecuted this time round?

Considering voyager found it's way back to the alpha quadrant, starfleet have had 20+ years to take that knowledge and create weapons/defences to take the fight to them. They also lost a large part of their network when Janeway blew up the transwarp hub.

Interesting.

Five weeks away?

Soldato
OP
Going by the ship designs we saw in the Picard prequel short I am doughtful we will see decent modern, for the era ships that fit with what we know, as all they showed so far were 100+ year old ships, shuttles and worker bees that do not fit in with stuff we know exists in that time period.

Remember, it's not supposed to be TNG mk2. We may never see any of the bigger ships in this show.
Who knows, but I loved TNG so personally I hope we do :p

Back
Top Bottom