Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order (Respawn Entertainment)

Soldato
So as you may have heard, there's a new Star Wars game in development. Now that probably doesn't excite us as much as it would have in days gone by (or a long, long time ago), and I've given up hope for a new X-Wing vs TIE Fighter, Jedi Knight, or Knights of the Old Republic. But Respawn is developing this, so there is still a chance this may buck the recent trend and actually be a decent title.

Anyway, it's a third person game (disappointing given the damn good gun-play in Titanfall) set after the events of Revenge of the Sith. It'll be a single player experience only, and one where it looks like story will be taken seriously; Chris Avellone who wrote for KOTOR 2 worked on JFO's story. It'll be released near the end of the year (November is rumoured). We'll find out more on Saturday, when we get a first look during Star Wars Celebration in Chicago.

May the force be with us all. In other words, please be much better than The Force Unleashed.

Soldato
OP
Some artwork doing the rounds today. It doesn't tell us much at all, and I'm not sure of the original source. Some are saying it's early concept art, others say it's a poster leaked early by Amazon. Either way, it's a dude on a mountain...

Soldato
OP
I see Amy Hennig was just interviewed in Eurogamer. She says microtransactions etc were most definitely part of the plan when Visceral were working on their SW title, although that's a couple of years ago. She also reckons Zampella has more sway with EA.

Back
Top Bottom