Star Wars: The Acolyte

Caporegime
Thought it was a cool episode, combat was good.
Considering people claim they don't care about lore and know nothing about Star Wars, the inclusion of Cortosis was a surprise.

Caporegime
The question is, who trained him? Always two there are, a Master and an Apprentice.
That's a Sith thing. Given he explicitly said you can't break rules when you don't make any I doubt they're adhering to that. It's probably the Witch woman though given Mae/Osha said it reminded her of their mother.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
They must have used the momentary stun setting for Mae compared to Sol.

That's what took me out a little. There is a bit of inconsistency in the way it panned out.

Also I thought the fighting sequences was really well done in parts but...

The whole flashlight in the back was a bit ludicrous..He so powerful he made 8 people fly back like they been hit with a jumbo jet but a few flying creatures managed hang on to him and fly him away so easily while carrying a light saber and his force powers.

The question is, who trained him? Always two there are, a Master and an Apprentice.

I don't know any lore outside the movies but are the Sith known and exist this part of the timeline?

Last edited:
Associate
At the conclusion of last weeks episode things were just starting to look good.. then the start of this one when one of the main characters seemed to wake up i feared they were going to gloss over what happened! Would not have surprised me if we missed all the action of this episode with a wake up scene with someone who missed it all!
A fair few plot holes, and main bad guy is a bit meh. Still watching as its star wars!

Soldato
I've ignored the click bait and emotions.

Binged all episodes so far back to back. Really enjoying tbh. The fight sequences are more ep1 vs ep 9. Good choreography.

Looking forward to the next one.

Last edited:
Soldato
After the disappointment that was this show I went back and watched some of the films, started with episode 1, currently on episode 5, A New Hope still stands up well and its approaching 50 years old!

Episode 1 - 3 were ok, some cringe acting, but more than acceptable by todays standards!

Back
Top Bottom