Starbound - adventure, terraria graphics designer ( INDIE )

Soldato
Are they still wiping characters every other week in this? Also is there any date for when this might be released?

I have had it on early access since last year and I grew very bored of the constant wiping and restarting then. I haven't touched it since.

There hasn't been a wipe for ages, though there also hadn't been a stable update for quite a while either. They'd been saving up all the new things to add that were only in the nighly builds before.
This new update should add a lot of content by the sounds of it.

Soldato
The big update is out now which adds a lot of goodies but the actually quests system and stuff needs a bit of polish. I would expect it to be official out between summer and the end of the year with a few significant content patches later down the line similar to Terraria.

Any OCUK servers running these days? :p

Soldato
It's come a long way since the previous stable update.

Cool i picked it up! Only played a little bit of terraria but its very similar so far, i did read somewhere that once you get past the initial resource collecting standard stuff the game gets much better? Ill just follow the quests and see where i end up!

Soldato
Am i doing this right?

Just completing what feel like tutorial quests, found an outpost done some quests there and now have a mission to some lunar base? I assume after this mission the game will open up and change a bit?

Enjoying it either way, found a pistol last night so use that with the flash light :)

Caporegime
Having gone back to Terraria for 1.3, it occurred to me how much more fun that game is than Starbound (when I played on release).

Has SB managed to live up to any of its potential since then? It was a bit of a mess on release, and I know they've reworked some bits. But what does it do that Terraria doesn't do better?

Man of Honour
Not as good by far sadly :/

It's just lacking something right now. I think the narrative element in Terraria works better. Hopefully eventually Starbound will manage to find the magic that it's missing as at the moment it's just not quite there. It's a shame too as I was really excited about it when it was announced.

Caporegime
Not as good by far sadly :/

It's just lacking something right now. I think the narrative element in Terraria works better. Hopefully eventually Starbound will manage to find the magic that it's missing as at the moment it's just not quite there. It's a shame too as I was really excited about it when it was announced.

My thoughts as well. Terraria is much tighter, the combat is much better.

Starbound suffers from the massive scope they set for the game, and that they spend more time developing fluff than the meat of the game.

The universe of SB is just less fun than the single world of Terraria. Less fun by far.

Soldato
Out on 1.0 release tomorrow.

I've been keeping an eye on the updates, sound like quite a lot of changes and improvements from the earlier stable pre-releases

Combat and weapons have been changed
Crafting has been changed
Ship crews
Story mode and NPC quests
More biomes and better transitions

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom