Starwars viewing order?

Associate
I know i'm one in a million, but i have only ever seen odd bits of the original starwars films and never seen any all the way through.

I want to sit down and watch them properly, but what order should i view them in, the order they were created or the episodes in order, 123456?

Thanks, and please dont flame me....

Permabanned

456 will be ruined by some of what happens in 123 if you've not seen them before. It seems fairly obvious (to me at any rate) that 123 were created on the assumption that people who would watch them had already seen 456.

Soldato
I've just got my gf into watching the star wars films - and I've got her watching them 123456. I figured that way the films would get better as she moved through them and they're in 'proper' order. Lucas has gone on record (somewhere) saying that he came out with 4 first because (a) he wasn't sure that he'd be allowed to make any more of them and (b) he didn't think 1,2 and 3 could be done with the technology he had.

Yes it has totally ruined the big suprise for her (she's now half way through 4) and yes, infuriatingly she somehow loves Jah Jah (sp?) and keeps asking whether he'll re-appear. This way round it has stopped her asking 'who is x' and 'why is y doing z' all the time, which is a plus, and, hopefully she'll pick up some better lines from the older films and thus stop saying 'how rude' in a binks accent :(.

Soldato
4,5,6, only, 1,2,3, have non of the Star Wars magic and I have no interest in seeing any of them again.

There are moments in 4,5,6 that literally make the hair on the back of my neck stand up!

Last edited:
Don
4,5,6 then 1,2 and 3.

If they were supposed to be watched with 1,2 and 3 first then George Lucas would have released them as such.

i agree to that viewing order, but i thought the reason they didn't release them in 123456 was because they didn't have the technology to do the big fight scenes on land, and the races etc..

Soldato
Have to agree with you, the new ones are disappointing, although try telling my wee cousin that.

The mistake you are making is watching the films and taking them as meant for someone other than children.

You wont find anybody over the age of say, 35 who treats star wars with any kind of reverence at all.

Back
Top Bottom