Steam Christmas Sale 2012

Anyone receiving gift copies of the Sleeping Dogs 91% off blunder, be careful.

If Valve choose to not to honor the deal, at whatever time for whatever reason, you may find Sleeping Dogs removed from your library at no notice.

Worse still you could get your account banned for 'unknowingly' accepting a gift from someone who had taken advantage of said deal. This kind of thing has happened before im sure.

Like others have mentioned, this is nonsense.
Now, valve does remove games if they are linked to keys that have been acquired illegally (and this sometimes happens with the shadier key selling sites).

But they never remove games that have been bought on their own site, even if due to a pricing error. This is far from the first time its happened. Many sales have had fun pricing errors (sometimes priced too high, too).

In the next steam sale, I recommend Darksiders 2.

Really good. I've played a lot of games over the last 6 months... but there is something about this game.

You cant stop playing. Plus it's puzzels, climbing, fighting, exploring so it's always fresh.

In the next steam sale, I recommend Darksiders 2.

Really good. I've played a lot of games over the last 6 months... but there is something about this game.

You cant stop playing. Plus it's puzzels, climbing, fighting, exploring so it's always fresh.

I bought the THQ bundle so working my way through the 1st one first :D. Work really well with the 360 controller.

Saved file says around 9hours

But was expecting more towns etc.

Same here.... even with the crashes managed to complete in a day.... Gfx are good.. but gameplay repetative, and quite boring.... DLC ? dont think i will bother.....
BTW ( Those with nice Gfx cards research your settings and get the correct .cfg file ... makes all the diffrence to the visuals.. :D ... )

can I ask you Steam experts please, if I install Steam and claim some games from inputting keys, download them and play them, but then re-format can I redownload Steam and all of the games and still input the same key and they'll work please?

can I ask you Steam experts please, if I install Steam and claim some games from inputting keys, download them and play them, but then re-format can I redownload Steam and all of the games and still input the same key and they'll work please?

Yes but you won't need to input the key, they will be tied to your steam account so all you'll need to do is login and download them :)

Once you input the key it will activate against your Steam account. You can install your Steam account however many times you want.

Some games have limited downloads though. The first Batman game Game of the year Edition for instance (there is a full list of these online if you look..).

cheers lads!! I bought the humble bundle as my first pc games purchase in nearly 10 years recently while I waited for my new laptop, which has arrived :D

You dont need to redownload again. You can manually back up and transfer the steam folder over to your laptop.

To restore:
1) Install the latest Steam on the laptop and make sure that it is NOT running. (Look in your Task Manager as the icon isn't always visible in the System tray)
2) Move your backed up Steam folder over the newly installed steam directory ie c:\program files\steam\ etc.
3) Delete the platform.gcf file in the steam\apps folder.
4) Restart Steam and login using my Steam account details.
5) Steam will now update itself again to the latest version and all your games should still be there.

I have done this loads of times and never lost a thing

hope that helps

You dont need to redownload again. You can manually back up and transfer the steam folder over to your laptop.

To restore:
1) Install the latest Steam on the laptop and make sure that it is NOT running. (Look in your Task Manager as the icon isn't always visible in the System tray)
2) Move your backed up Steam folder over the newly installed steam directory ie c:\program files\steam\ etc.
3) Delete the platform.gcf file in the steam\apps folder.
4) Restart Steam and login using my Steam account details.
5) Steam will now update itself again to the latest version and all your games should still be there.

I have done this loads of times and never lost a thing

hope that helps

cheers mate that's a big help, thanks a lot!! :p

p.s. arrgh damn you know Christmas is over when the Santa hats are gone from the smilies!

Back
Top Bottom