Steam IS coming to OS X

Caporegime
Whats wrong with the current steam icon? Im a little paranoid about it now...

There's nothing really wrong with it but these are my current icons:

Screenshot2011-03-15at094451-1.png

And then this is Steam:

Screenshot2011-03-15at094515.png

You see my problem? :D

Soldato
2 x 2.66ghz c2d Xeon cpus
9gb ram
X1900XTX 512mb card soon to be ATI 5770 1GB card :)
Just shoved another hard drive in it to.

I love it :)

This the mac pro 1.1 dude ? Im in the market for a mac pro, but dont have silly money, maybe 1.1-1.2k, iv been looking for 2 weeks now but demand seems insane, and tbh I want at least a 8core or 4core nehlemn. I currently have a PC Q6600 @ 3.5ghz so it has to be 'worth me' switching if that makes sense, even though I despo want OSX, I mainly use photoshop and lightroom but have vast storage requirements, and processing needs, I also wish to use apple movie makers as iv started making a lot of movies from my 5Dmk2, hence why you can see I need a little power house and at least 16gb ram imo.

Associate
I'm glad this thread got revived tbh.

For those of us who are new to the mac would you recommend using steam on mac os x? I'm yet to try out my 2011 MBP for gaming so would like opinions really before buying any games.

Is steam for Mac any good? Tempted by the orange box (mainly for tf2 and portal) and also Civ V. How are these on the Mac?

Associate
TF2 plays great, cant speak for a MBP as Im on a new iMac, but its not a game that requires hardcore hardware, and as for Portal, thats not going to be an issue.

What I would like to do however is get the .dem demo files you can record your TF2 games, and have them converted into something iMovie etc can play with :/ Not having much luck on that front :/

Caporegime
I wasn't that impressed with it, tbh. Games were noticeably slower running under Mac OS X than they were booting in to Windows 7. For the life of me, I really can't understand why Valve brought Steam to Mac. I think I would have preferred Linux myself. Aren't there already rival systems from Aspyr and now Apple's Mac App Store? :p

Back
Top Bottom