STEAM LINK is free on Android!

Soldato
and iOS but I can't check that myself...

The Steam Link app brings desktop gaming to your Android device. Just pair a Bluetooth controller or Steam Controller to your device, connect to a computer running Steam on the same local network, and start playing your existing Steam games.

For best performance with Android TV:
* Connect your computer using Ethernet to your router
* Connect your Android TV using Ethernet to your router

For best performance with tablets and phones:
* Connect your computer using Ethernet to your 5Ghz WiFi router
* Connect your Android device to the 5GHz band of your WiFi network
* Keep your Android device within a reasonable range of your router

eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-hands-on-with-steam-link-for-ios-and-android

Soldato
Works like a treat! Paired first time with my xbox Bluetooth controller and played a lag free game of rocket league in bed (much to the Mrs annoyance)

Just need to work out some controller orientated games as I mainly play pubg :D

Soldato
OP
Works like a treat! Paired first time with my xbox Bluetooth controller and played a lag free game of rocket league in bed (much to the Mrs annoyance)

Just need to work out some controller orientated games as I mainly play pubg :D
Yes it's really cool.

I'm surprised it has not had more coverage tbh!

Associate
Ummm... Interesting thought! Does this definitely work?

So I side-loaded the app and it works great. I think I need a better Bluetooth controller as I'm using the DS4 and the AmazonTV threw and error to say it doesn't work fully.

Interested to hear if this works....too lazy to find out myself. Can't remember if the FireTV supports 5ghz wifi?

Yes, I believe it supports 5Ghz. I've got the older model that has a Ethernet port on the back though so I'm using that.

Associate
I wonder what a good cheap screen & best resolution for streaming is? just keep it to 1080p or less, wondering if less might be better? I had some issues with streaming upstairs on my laptop

Back
Top Bottom