STEAM now UK pricing!

Caporegime
I don't get it, its still far more expensive than anywhere else except the odd ridiculously old title they put up for a few quid.

£30 for gta when its pretty much £24 everywhere online and a certain store did a one day special before it was released at £17.99.

Soldato
Well we ain't going to see any bargains there for new titles but should be a good thing when it comes to buying older games and those weekend specials should be interesting.

Soldato
Nice to see left 4 dead at roughly the same price. should be cheaper since you dont get the box or anything with it. going to go buy it elsewhere.

Associate
Just wondering these download games from Steam, D2D, etc, how long usually to download and can you put it on the disc just in case you upgrade your PC?

Thanks

Soldato
Just wondering these download games from Steam, D2D, etc, how long usually to download and can you put it on the disc just in case you upgrade your PC?

Thanks

How long it takes to download each game will depend on the size of the game and your internet connection.

As for backing up the games. Steam lets you backup any games you download to CD or DVD to be reinstalled on another machine or after a format. Never used Direct2Drive so no idea how they work.

Soldato
that is good news, but i never buy from steam, i like to see something for my money and having the disc and the box means i dont worry about losing my account or reformatting

Soldato
Nice to see left 4 dead at roughly the same price. should be cheaper since you dont get the box or anything with it. going to go buy it elsewhere.

Why should it be cheaper? The cost of the box/DVD is countered by the cost of the bandwidth to download, so just because its downloadable doesn't mean it should be cheaper. Also because its downloadable you have the added benifit of being able to get the game much faster then going to a store and buying it there (this depends on connection, and how far you are from a store, but generaly it seems true).

Soldato
Why should it be cheaper? The cost of the box/DVD is countered by the cost of the bandwidth to download, so just because its downloadable doesn't mean it should be cheaper. Also because its downloadable you have the added benifit of being able to get the game much faster then going to a store and buying it there (this depends on connection, and how far you are from a store, but generaly it seems true).

You can still download it as many times as you want with the retail copy of the game as well. So it should be cheaper because they're making a box and possibly supplying bandwidth.

Back
Top Bottom