Stellar Blade | OT |

Soldato
I watched the above Asmongold yt clip and I'm still none the wiser. "Hard R Shop" is controversial?! *bemused*
It's to do with the "n" word and how in the U.S it's some what socially acceptable to say/spell if there is "a" instead of "er" at the end. American's call the "er" ending the "hard r" spelling.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Mines downloaded and ready to go! Reviews are all looking good too ! Finishing up Elden ring before I start this though.. I’ve hit the snowfields so shouldnt be that much longer.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't find the combat unfair or anything, If I die it's because I've made mistakes ot tried to be too greedy with mashing combos usually.

This game definitely favours parry/block over dodge, and try using light attacks more than heavy ones, as you can do one or two then still be ready to block.

More deliberate play is rewarded here vs button mashing for sure. Make sure you unlock the skills for better parry, dodge, and double dodge. The better rush skill is really good as well for closing gaps.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I’m so used to rolling now. I think Elden ring has broken me :cry:

I’m not spamming attacks.. as that gets you killed whatever game you’re playing. I think I’m just crap at parries. Been up since half 4 so I’ll blame it on that!

Soldato
Elden ring has weird spikes in difficulty where you're rolling stuff and then you hit a stupidly hard boss fight.

This game will encourage you to learn enemy moves and timings for parry, so first thing I unlocked was the better parry window (post demo) anyway.

If you miss the parry at least try and get the block anyway, I'm playing with no gear on normal mode to see if I can do it.

Soldato
I’m so used to rolling now. I think Elden ring has broken me :cry:

I’m not spamming attacks.. as that gets you killed whatever game you’re playing. I think I’m just crap at parries. Been up since half 4 so I’ll blame it on that!
Definitely went in with that ER frame of mind and struggled early on. Got used to it pretty quickly though. Skill tree will sort you out.

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
I don't have issues with lag on timing but I do have game mode enabled on my TV.

I find I need to hit perfect dodge/parry a little before I get hit but got to be fairly precise with timing.

Back
Top Bottom