Stellar Blade | OT |

Soldato
For anyone who is failing to get blink to work, not sure if I hit a bug yesterday but I couldn't talk to some people, and for me blink was failing every single time.

Completely closed and re-opened the game, and it works again, so worth trying if you can't get it function at all :)

Soldato
OP
Like the game. The combat is hot cat sick though. Powering through just to get it done now.

Not being able to cancel out of an attack with block is an oversight . Weird design choice.

Last edited:
Soldato
Combat is good for me too, punishes button mashing, requires more deliberate moves to be used.

I find you can cancel most moves just fine to block but not a combo finisher, or a beta move, so just requires you to be more careful when you decide to be more aggressive.

Most of the times I die it's because I was being stupid as opposed to the game being unfair with the combat.

That being said there are a couple of things I don't like fighting for sure and would prefer to avoid.

Soldato
There doesn’t seem to be a riposte or am I missing something ?

No, just parry/perfect parry and dodge/perfect dodge.

You can execute some moves on perfect parry/dodge (such as holding triangle after a perfect dodge lets you close distance and does a small stun).

Thing is you don't necessarily want to hit back as soon as you perfect parry one attack, enemies can have a sequence of attacks they follow, so you want to wait until that stops before you try and hit back too much.

Soldato
I'm stuck on a digital version of this game, so have to live with the censorship. In protest I'll be joining the masses in cancelling my PSN account and boycotting any future products.

Or .... I might just go out for a walk instead ;)

There are more extreme reactions that people will do, but I don't think adding censorship for no good reason should get a free pass either.

You let them change one thing without backlash, and they'll keep on doing it.

People are fighting back, not because of the actual change that was put in, but the concept of the way the change was made.

Saying that, I don't have the energy or will to put any effort into fighting it, except that I am glad that there are people out there who will, because it keeps such things in check.

Soldato
OP
I think a lot of the costumes are great. Currently have the orca suit equipped. But found that knitted one piece (sort of like what Lana from archer wears)

Can we recolour outfits ? I know hairstyles are possible !

Soldato
No you can't change them but apparently NG+ does offer new versions of them, so you'll have a LOT of choice if you collect every single option.

I'm planning to play on hard next and will swap around different outfits/hairstyles a lot, just for fun and to try them all out :)

Soldato
Completed my first run on normal.

Onto ng+ on hard mode, this one I will use any exospines etc I feel like.

My next run I'll probably try skin suit hard mode with no items (he says before realising that this is probably going to be incredibly hard to do lol).

Last edited:
Soldato
Completed this last night so far, as I want to go with it I think.

My final run was skin suit / NG+ / Hard / No exospines / No Gear / 1 WB (res)

I really wanted to do this on NG (not NG+) on hard with the same loadout, but I just don't think the game is balanced for it. Without NG+ upgrades enemies on hard simply have too much hp and you die too easily.

If this is possible then it's likely going to need a bunch of SP farming before Abaddon.

Game OST has some amazing songs, really solid OST.

Spoilers below (safe if you've completed the game once):

I hope we get a Tachy or Raven DLC. Raven fight was the best in the game, and her outfit/moves/model look really good. I'd love a Raven prequel DLC.

Last edited:
Soldato
I am at the point of no return so just mopping up some side quests before I go there. Thoroughly enjoying my time with it and I’m thinking of a NG+ run afterwards.

Soldato
I won't spoil NG+ and what it means (my spoiler above is safe if you've completed your first run of the game for sure).

I'd say NG+ on hard if you've competently done a run on normal is fairly well balanced and offers a little extra challenge, especially later on.

Soldato
Just finished it.
Amazing game.
Much more than just sauciness and eye-candy :)

SUPER disappointed though that after finishing the game you do not get to go back and mop up all the side quests (or maybe I could have just chosen 'continue' and walked out of the cave?) anyway, sad it wasn't part of normal game progression.
Now think I'm gonna try to speed run NG+ on hard, see how far I get !!

Back
Top Bottom