Sticky work situation - what would you do?

Soldato
OP
Okay, so I feel it's at a stage where I can disclose.
I'm in the process of selling the business to another enthusiast - a chap who's keen on taking it to the 'next level' and has plans in place to double the already eye-watering turnover in the next 3 years.

5 weeks until it all goes through - I'm going to be heading to Southampton for a 2 week handover period, then jetting off with the family just 5 days later to Florida (I offered a 'sweetener' on the price if we completed the sale before the holiday).
If anyone in Southampton fancies a beer, I'll be in Hythe and Lyndhurst for the first 2 weeks of August and free most evenings.

Going forward I'll be investing the sale proceeds in a couple of cheaper rental properties (I'm up North, so it's all fairly cheap) and also doing a 'big decorate' of my own house as it desperately needs it.
I won't go into exact figures, but it's enough to keep me ticking along for a few years and should help support a slightly more laid-back lifestyle. Not sure it's 'retire immediately' money though!
I'll also still be working part time for the business, producing their promotional material and pushing within the enthusiast fields (forums, Facebook etc) as that's my forte :)

Soldato
OP
Just a final update, all has been handed over now and the reins are firmly in his hands.
I'm staying on for the foreseeable to advise and help with customer contact, but for the most part I'm going to be stepping back from the day to day stuff.

It's bittersweet, the business will go from strength to strength I'm sure - but it's always hard letting go.
Off to Florida on Wednesday, so hopefully 2 weeks of screaming kids and nightmare humidity will take my mind off it!

Thanks again for all the help and advice OcUK gave in my hour of need.

Back
Top Bottom