Still Game - New Season

Caporegime
Its amazing me that some people online are on the moan about it. If any of these episodes had been in the last season of the show nobody would have batted an eyelid about them. But since it had a long layoff its like everything is under the spotlight for some reason, bit sad that a whinging minority of people can't enjoy the show for what it is.

Soldato
Another good episode.

There'll always be whingers. But after all this time the show isn't going to try and break new ground, nor should it try. Part of the charm is the familiarity of the characters and the setting. The writing is still strong so far, so hopefully it'll continue.

Associate
Thought this looked a bit crap from the trailers, but I watched last week's with the hooch screwing up everybody's eyesight and really enjoyed it. The laugh-out-loud bits for me were Tam doing anything to avoid parting with money, the guy with one leg trying to carry the coffin and the bit with the Asian shopkeeper, having been told his wife couldn't open the bathroom door from inside the bathroom, saying "To me that isn't a dilemma ..."

Those and the gratuitous use of the P-word - a word that is used almost as a term of endearment where I work :D

Associate
I've recommended still game to everyone I know for years, pure enjoyment from start to finish, probably watched each episode 10+ times. This season is turning out to be a belter, Winston is one of the best TV characters in any show, he plays the part perfectly

Can't wait to episode 3

Soldato
Nae devil dugs. Brilliant :D

Edit. Winston is hilarious. Such a well played character. Definitely the star of the show.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's a great show but you can't help but think the reason they brought it back is because of how well the live show went in the hydro last year. So much so they are doing another in a few months.

Cheapest ticket is £40 up to the likes of £200+ for hospitality.

13,000 people 3 shows a day at £70 a pop is £2.73 million per day. Mostly profit too.

On top of that they have merchandise sales. They had 2 shops selling unique stuff you could only buy at the show. Probably easily walk away £3 million plus per day.

I imagine they brought the show back to keep sales of live shows up.

Caporegime
It was brought back mainly because they were getting bombarded with requests to bring it back since it went off the air. There was a falling out between the 3 main cast members and it took a long time to clear the air, apparently there was a bit of burn out involved as well, as they were doing still game as well as having to have input on other shows.

I'd take the series over the live show any day, you just don't get the same type of real feel from the live show as you do the series.

Caporegime
OP
It's a great show but you can't help but think the reason they brought it back is because of how well the live show went in the hydro last year. So much so they are doing another in a few months.

Cheapest ticket is £40 up to the likes of £200+ for hospitality.

13,000 people 3 shows a day at £70 a pop is £2.73 million per day. Mostly profit too.

On top of that they have merchandise sales. They had 2 shops selling unique stuff you could only buy at the show. Probably easily walk away £3 million plus per day.

I imagine they brought the show back to keep sales of live shows up.

Yeah because people do things for free.

Few episodes weren't 'great' like the last one. But still if that's what it toke I'm still happy :)

Back
Top Bottom