Still Game - New Season

Associate
Pretty lazy episode last night, not much really going on and that whole end sequence of what country have you pumped is from their stage show version of still game near 20 years ago.

It's funny the minute I seen the episode was called "South africa" I thought surely it's not going to be the joke from that old stage show.

The bit before it about the monkeys on tv was out the show too.

Caporegime
Some of the cast members are in their 80's though :D I am just thankful that we got as many series as we did as it didn't look like there would be any more after the falling out between Ford Kiernan and Greg Hemphill.

A few of them are on the old side but the main cast are all around half that age or thereabouts. Just thought it would last a bit longer than it has. :(

Caporegime
Back on. How did I miss the first 3 episodes.....

3? Just been 2 to this point afaik?

Ed, just noticed there's part 1 of a 2 parter, somehow missed that one :confused:. Pity this is the last series :(

Just seen it, think its pretty obvious whats going to happen as they basically telegraphed it with Tam committing insurance fraud on the tv. The body Isa saw will be planted in his place then Winston gets the insurance money to save his leg.

Last edited:
Soldato
3? Just been 2 to this point afaik?

Ed, just noticed there's part 1 of a 2 parter, somehow missed that one :confused:. Pity this is the last series :(

Just seen it, think its pretty obvious whats going to happen as they basically telegraphed it with Tam committing insurance fraud on the tv. The body Isa saw will be planted in his place then Winston gets the insurance money to save his leg.

Shame it’s finishing. Two Doors Down is also very good.

Caporegime
OP
Another good season. I can see why it's ending, clearly not as popular as it once was. Even I forgot about it, even though I watched the first episode.

Caporegime
Another good season. I can see why it's ending, clearly not as popular as it once was. Even I forgot about it, even though I watched the first episode.

Ending to it was sad but fitting, Boaby becoming what he used to poke fun at Jack and Victor about. Good ending overall to a good show.

Caporegime
Shame it’s gone, been a good run.

The announcement season 9 would be the last was a surprise considering the main cast commented a year or so previous they could probably play these roles for another 10+ years just needing less makeup. Was obviously a joke but ending it so soon after its return was a bit of a surprise. I think people expected it to hit season 10 as the big finish.

I think the long hiatus hurt its return, people are always going to scrutinise more after a long lag between series, and even if the scripts for the new seasons had been from 2006\2007 people would still say it's not as good. Just glad they got back to it and finished it off instead of it being left in limbo. Unusual for an ending to a series to hit me the way this did, just seeing people disappear and life going on struck a chord, the choice of music also drove that home. :(

Soldato
The announcement season 9 would be the last was a surprise considering the main cast commented a year or so previous they could probably play these roles for another 10+ years just needing less makeup. Was obviously a joke but ending it so soon after its return was a bit of a surprise. I think people expected it to hit season 10 as the big finish.

I think the long hiatus hurt its return, people are always going to scrutinise more after a long lag between series, and even if the scripts for the new seasons had been from 2006\2007 people would still say it's not as good. Just glad they got back to it and finished it off instead of it being left in limbo. Unusual for an ending to a series to hit me the way this did, just seeing people disappear and life going on struck a chord, the choice of music also drove that home. :(

Its sad as another classic show bites the dust. I’m glad it returned though, it was a long break but I liked the end.

Have you tried Two Doors Down?

Caporegime
Its sad as another classic show bites the dust. I’m glad it returned though, it was a long break but I liked the end.

Have you tried Two Doors Down?

Never heard of it, only reason i started watching Still Game was i seen some of the "Big Man" sketches from Chewin the Fat and that led me to it. Was around 2009 or so i think before i seen them all.

Back
Top Bottom