Stopping a courier delivering?

Associate
seeing as you've delivered to this guy before and his payment was good that time, you might want to try... gee I don't know.. talking to him?! Could be a genuine mistake so check with him before calling the police!
Yeah, would be funny to see an honest mistake turn into a waste of public services.

Man of Honour
Yeah, would be funny to see an honest mistake turn into a waste of public services.

A waste of public services? I may be wrong, but I believe that OoOverclockaoO is the customer and has contracted the courier to do a job for him, he has modified his instructions and they have been carried out. Where is there a waste of public services involved :confused:

Soldato
A waste of public services? I may be wrong, but I believe that OoOverclockaoO is the customer and has contracted the courier to do a job for him, he has modified his instructions and they have been carried out. Where is there a waste of public services involved :confused:

Think he was referring to the post above, which was referring to me saying "call the police" in short.

But hay.. who am I to recommend passing on the address of a fraudster to the police :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
It worked :)

18 Jan 2008 16:44 Manchester (south) Returned to depot
18 Jan 2008 14:26 Manchester (south) Delivery refused, signed for by PAUL, using Saturn View Image
18 Jan 2008 07:20 Manchester (south) Delivery note printed
18 Jan 2008 07:19 Manchester (south) On vehicle for delivery, using Saturn
18 Jan 2008 04:59 Manchester (south) Confirmed at depot
18 Jan 2008 00:50 Hub 2 Forwarded to Manchester (south) depot
18 Jan 2008 00:41 Hub 2 Confirmed at Hub
17 Jan 2008 15:49 Park Royal Collected from self-labeller View Image
17 Jan 2008 09:00 Park Royal Customer data received

Soldato
Did you guys no read the thread..? it was paid for with a stolen cheque book according to Natwest. So no, I wouldn't talk to him.

The cheque book was marked as stoled, but that doesn't mean that specific cheque was. If the cheque hadn't cleared and a mistake was made somewhere about which cheque numbers were to be cancelled, it's possible that the one in question was accidentally marked as stolen.

Soldato
It worked :)

18 Jan 2008 16:44 Manchester (south) Returned to depot
18 Jan 2008 14:26 Manchester (south) Delivery refused, signed for by PAUL, using Saturn View Image
18 Jan 2008 07:20 Manchester (south) Delivery note printed
18 Jan 2008 07:19 Manchester (south) On vehicle for delivery, using Saturn
18 Jan 2008 04:59 Manchester (south) Confirmed at depot
18 Jan 2008 00:50 Hub 2 Forwarded to Manchester (south) depot
18 Jan 2008 00:41 Hub 2 Confirmed at Hub
17 Jan 2008 15:49 Park Royal Collected from self-labeller View Image
17 Jan 2008 09:00 Park Royal Customer data received

I used to work for Interlink, their saturn units are funky, if a customer has an has an online account they can cancel the delivery or delay it online and the driver cant even scan the parcel to his van as the unit wont let him.
You can even do it while the driver is on the road as the units use a GPRS signal and are in contact all the time, they just drop the delivery and wont let you scan it off at the delivery address.
Unlike Citylink which use a radio system that is only active when the unit is docked in the van.

Man of Honour
I used to work for Interlink, their saturn units are funky, if a customer has an has an online account they can cancel the delivery or delay it online and the driver cant even scan the parcel to his van as the unit wont let him.
You can even do it while the driver is on the road as the units use a GPRS signal and are in contact all the time, they just drop the delivery and wont let you scan it off at the delivery address.

That's a good idea. Our Mobile Workers are crap in comparison, the driver doesn't even have to upload his PODs unless the depot nag him to.

Getting lazy drivers to POD on time is the thing that annoys one of my customers the most (they are a freight forwarder and need timely POD's for their premium deliveries to show their customers)

Soldato
Glad to hear you managed to stop delivery, keep us posted with any updates. If this had been royal mail then I don't think you would have been able to do anything.

Soldato
That's a good idea. Our Mobile Workers are crap in comparison, the driver doesn't even have to upload his PODs unless the depot nag him to.

Getting lazy drivers to POD on time is the thing that annoys one of my customers the most (they are a freight forwarder and need timely POD's for their premium deliveries to show their customers)

I left Interlink because the guy who bought the franchise was a complete n0ob and i couldnt put up with his stupidity.

The only thing i miss is the Saturn units, best thing ever, you track your route up in the morning in order, you then drag any collections you have to do in order on the touch screen, dock it and away you go.
All the information in the tracker is then uploaded to the hub for the customers to see.
They have an update coming this year which turns the GPS function on which then provides a map with the delivery location marked on it.
I did hear a rumor about them being able to organize the route for you in a future update.

Soldato
jesus a 5 grand watch :eek: hell of a scammer, I donno why, but i have images in my head of the capitol one advert

"do you really think i'd buy a £5000 watch!??"

*Scene cuts to Rotty with a new rolex.

Soldato
Nightfreight who I work for are crap technology wise, their POD's are paperbased.

The drivers do not have any scanners of any type, and their is on online tracking option either.

You're lucky

LOPEZ : do you work in a depot? I work in a National Call Centre, not based at any depot/hub. Being a teamleader is boring.

Man of Honour
National call centre which is co-located at a sortation hub.

Don't they send you out on depot visits etc so you can see how it all works? That's my favourite bit of the job.

We have:
Days out with sales
Night visits to hubs
Night visits to air hubs
Days with Ops at depot
Days out with the driver

And so on. Completely changes your perspective, you need to see all the depot operations first hand IMO before you can really do your job as a CS agent.

Soldato
OP
Unlike Citylink which use a radio system that is only active when the unit is docked in the van.

How do I cancel/delay a shipment online? Never seen that option before ...

The POD system does seem good with Interlink, gets updated quite quickly online , unlike TNT/Royal Mail.

The only problem is when I book a collection , it seems to go through to 2 drivers instead of one, so they both turn up :p

I used to think Interlink are crap , but have been using them for the last few months and less problems than CityLink , also no invoicing/pricing changes that CityLink always like to do !

Back
Top Bottom