Storage for helmet?

Soldato
Hi,
What are the best ones?
At university i can store my kit in a locker (£1 a day so not ideal) but not big enough for helmet. Is there any way of attaching to bike securely? I.e. lockable tank bag? Ideally not panniers as i need to be able to filter.

Associate
Top box is the safest option I guess. I've seen people locking their helmets to the front wheel when they chain it, horrible idea if you ask me. What if it rains inside the helmet or someone decides to relieve themselves!

Associate
Pop the seat off and fasten the helmet strap around a frame rail, as long as you can't get to the buckle when the seat is back on its pretty secure.
The helmet sits on the side of the bike so off the ground and would probably stay fairly dry if it rained.

Soldato
Is there a rail you can attach helmet too? Then just get a waterproof cover for it, make sure water can run off in a good direction - job done?

Actually i've been curious about this. On my SV650S when at a rest stop I used to leave the helmet on the mirrors and it sat quite nicely. But on the K it doesn't so I just put it on the floor next to the bike so it's not in the way. But I seem to be the only one to do this, everyone tries to balance it in various dangerous looking ways on their bikes. What is wrong with the floor? Ok sunny day etc...

Ants. :p

Associate
Have bikes stopped having helmet hooks under the seat then? Where you pop the seat off, use the helmet strap onto the hook, put the seat back, and the helmet is kept safe and secure because the seat is opened with the key?

Associate
Have bikes stopped having helmet hooks under the seat then? Where you pop the seat off, use the helmet strap onto the hook, put the seat back, and the helmet is kept safe and secure because the seat is opened with the key?
Mine has this but I'm always dubious leaving an expensive lid unattended. It's useless to anyone with the straps cut off but will some little scrote care about that???

Man of Honour
I've got them under my seat but I'd never want to leave my lid just dangling about, in the same way I wouldn't leave £500 in cash stuck somewhere to my bike.

Associate
Gotta admit, I lug my shoei around with me. I once had to leave it as collatoral in a cafe when I didn't have any cash on me and they didnt take cards!

Back
Top Bottom