Storing Hard Drives

Associate
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a better storage solution for storing about 20x 3.5" hard drives?

atm I have each drive in a ESD plastic bag all stacked up in a draw, I managed to knock 1 off the pile which of course resulted in a failed drive (luckily was an empty drive)

cheers.

Soldato
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a better storage solution for storing about 20x 3.5" hard drives?

atm I have each drive in a ESD plastic bag all stacked up in a draw, I managed to knock 1 off the pile which of course resulted in a failed drive (luckily was an empty drive)

cheers.
I use ESD cases from the auction site, but I can't stack mine. You might be able to find some which are stackable though.

Associate
OP
cheers for the replies,

I have seen both the single plastic cases & the portable cases but was more looking for something that can be stored in a draw, the single plastic cases look a bit expensive/fragile for what they are.

Does anyone know if this stuff will be firm enough to hold drives like the ORICO PSC-L20 box? .. I can make a wooden box to surround the foam.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FS100RS-Fi...6:419158031&rnid=419157031&rps=1&sr=8-12&th=1

Soldato
I use 3 litre Really Useful boxes which each hold seven drives (in individual ESD bags) stood on end. The lids won't fit, of course, and I haven't found an alternative use for them yet....

Associate
I have several old caddies from when I had removable caddies for my old parallel ATA drives.
I have ditched the bit that goes in the PC and I use the old drive caddies for storing my current SATA HDD's.
They are plastic, the drive is a snug fit and they would offer it some protection should I drop one.

Soldato
I'm lucky and got about 4 boxes with foam inserts specifically for 3.5" drives, heavy cardboard (most scissors won't cut) and 24 drives a box. OEM shipment from IBM years ago at a former job for SCSI warranty replacements. 4 hdds a box each time but they just shipped the whole thing lol. Ebay should have similar now and then if you look

Associate
OP
Thought I would give this thread a bump, decided to redo my comp room and will be replacing my current desk with ikea alex draws and worktop when I find 1.

Have made some seperators so the drives are easily accessed and well protected.

There not perfect as my local timber yard don't know how to follow straight lines haha.

Fits 15x 3.5" drives and can also fit 2x 2.5" drives per slot.

The draw only pulls so far out so the top 4 seperators are removable to slide out the drives..

pv0zF4V.jpg

Npq3UTI.jpg

Back
Top Bottom