Story behind your forum username?

Caporegime
I know I have done similar threads before, such as your favourite username, or the one you find most amusing etc, but this time I'm asking if there was any inspiration behind your own username!

Some are obviously fairly self explanatory.

I picked my username in about 2007 when signing up to the Playstation Network, and weirdly it wasn't because of the acme corporation from the looney tunes cartoons, or because of the ancient greek word, but because I read it on a 1930's whistle I was given as a kid and I thought it sounded cool... :p

cRZ1UKEh.png.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I can't lie there's not a story behind it, it just popped into my head, I doubt I would have planned on staying here initially so it was just a disposable username. I don't smoke weed, I tried it a few times at uni but just made me want to sleep.

I really don't know why it came into my head. I was always crap at picking usernames, nowadays I'd pick something more relavant.

It partly comes from the days of playing Wolfenstein etpro where players would use disposable names everytime then came into server.

Could be worse. My Xbox name is "Gamertag TBC" because my friend told me you can change the gamertag whenever you like. He was right, but you have to pay for it... So I left it. :p

Caporegime
OP
Mine was first used back in 1997 when I used to chat on a site called "The Park."
It's just an abbreviation of my star sign Capricorn and my year of birth.

Hi C@ppy1961 my fellow lurker :)

Russell Crowbar was my first online gaming name when I started playing original Half Life Deathmatch many years ago (still dialup internet when I started!). It fitted nicely with Half Life since the Crowbar was a weapon and, in case anyone didn't realise, it's a play on Russell Crowe's name.

I'm honoured you two chose to make 1/3 and 1/4 of your posts over the last decade in my thread. :p

Caporegime
OP
the problem with name changes is I now don't know who this was :(

Yes that's my only problem with them as well. It would be great if there was a "previously known as" drop down like on Steam.

But anyway he used to be Dr.Eddie so nice and easy. :)

I had to check to see who you were though, I have a bad memory. :p

You sexy fox you.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Currently my name...

Id like a change @Feek to "Buffman" or "The Buff Man"

Want to be less "traceable" online

My gamertag on xbox is "the buff man" after being told i dont sound circa 13 online about 15 years ago. Also made a clan for novelty "very buff men". Nothing to do with size/stature

In before your username gets changed to "less traceable online" :p

Caporegime
OP
I wanted something that was anonymous and really liked the band Van Halen and the guitarist Eddie Van Halen.

I’ve often wondered if someone tries to pronounce my username phonetically, instead of per character e.g I’d say Ee Vee Aech, but I suppose if you’ve never heard someone say it allowed it could be “Ev Huh”.

:confused:
I always think of you as Ee Vee Aech.

Back
Top Bottom