Stranger Things (Netflix)

Soldato
Absolutely loved it and the soundtrack is just awesome. Also loved Paul Reiser and all the Aliens references.

Just thinking, the whole bit in ep6 where Will tricks them into going to the grave yard and the lab team get ready to go in whilst the kids prepare to fight from the bus with Steve is superb.

Last edited:
Soldato
I binged - finished season 2 within 24hrs. I seem to be the only person in the world who hadn't done that before, so thought - might as well :)
Despite an episode 2 (I think it was) lull, I will rate S2 as better than S1.
It doesn't reduce my fondness of the first season at all. I still love it, but I just felt S2 had that little something, that little extra spark for me.

Soldato
I binged season 1 again last weekend and season 2 this weekend, just this minute finished watching it - utterly brilliant!

I think the highlight moment for me was....

Where 11 walks through the door at the end of episode 8 after killing all of the demadogs (Justin word) - I actually punched the air and erupted with a "YES" that was probably loud enough to wake the neighbours :D

Soldato
Loved the second season overall but for the first couple of episodes I wasn't very happy with how they handled the 11 situation.

Feels to me that at the end of season1 11 was lost in the upside down and it would take her some time to escape. The fact she escaped so easily and they hid her in Hoppers cabin seemed like a bit of a forced plot device. But once the season got going I forgave them.

References in season 2 I picked up were E.T, (11 dressed as a ghost) Evil Dead (the cabin in the woods with the trap door), Gremlins (Dart didn't like the heat lamp and Dustin Shouldn't have fed him) Alien (Dart's shedded skin and Mew the cat looking just like Jonesy the cat) The Thing (the heat test on the tenticle) Aliens, Alien3, (Stay frosty and Demidogs) Temple of Doom (can'r sleep love scene) The exorcist (Will's possession),

Soldato
Loved season 2, slightly different tack from season 1 with less tension and mystery more action and pace but still worked really well. I loved the development of Steve, the introduction of Max and Dr Sam, liked Bob perhaps the only “poorer” character development was Will who was sidelined and just made a sullen teen instead of a real player. Only disappointment was a minor one but;

i really, really wanted to Steve to kick the brothers ass and I was so disappointed when he didn’t :p

Soldato
Meh..... felt it was enjoyable but all very predictable

knew he was drawing the vines as soon as he started with the crayons. Obvious moment for Eleven to return. As someone else suggested you never felt any of the main cast were in danger.
Poor Billy got played the classic nearly escaped card but no quite

Kinda felt like 5 fudged together episodes of the X files

Associate
I really enjoyed season 2. Took a while to get going, and episode 7 was just a filler but otherwise decent viewing. Looking forward to seeing how they do season 3.

Associate
I binged both series back to back last weekend and although it's still probably better than most shows, I didn't find season 2 to be as good as season 1.
The second season has too much filler and predictability

I binged season 1 again last weekend and season 2 this weekend, just this minute finished watching it - utterly brilliant!

I think the highlight moment for me was....

Where 11 walks through the door at the end of episode 8 after killing all of the demadogs (Justin word) - I actually punched the air and erupted with a "YES" that was probably loud enough to wake the neighbours :D
And this was probably one of the most predictable moments of the season
along with Bob's death
- i smh and groaned :rolleyes: lol

Last edited:
Soldato
it's predictability is what made it so good, I knew it was going to happen and yet it was still very powerful - the only thing missing was for her to say "I'm back" :D

Ree

Ree

Associate
just finished up season 2 of this yesterday it wasn't as good as first season but still a decent show.

Soldato
Just finished watching season 2. It was good but not as good as season one. There was just too much time spent on useless newly introduced characters that came to nothing in the end and they were not needed at all for the story to progress.

Back
Top Bottom