Streatham shooting: Man 'shot dead in the street' as police declare terror-related incident

Permabanned
Police confirmed that officers were dealing with a terror-related incident

TELEMMGLPICT000223472357-trans-Nv-BQz-QNjv4-Bq-Dfn-T11g5-XZty1-Nobnb9o-J.png

(Bellow are all Quotes so a bit messy to read unless I space them but I will leave them as is for now but split with photo).

"A man has been shot by armed officers in south London in an incident that the police said was terrorism-related.

The Metropolitan police said that a number of people had been stabbed in Streatham.

“The circumstances are being assessed; the incident has been declared as terrorist-related,” the Met said in a tweet.

People speculated on Twitter that there had been at least three gunshots.

"I don’t know but I think like I heard 3 gun shot in Streatham," one person tweeted.

"Something major happening in Streatham High Road. Armed police and roads closed off," read another comment.

Lambeth Borough Police confirmed that officers were dealing with an incident."

"It remains unclear as to what happened but some eyewitnesses claim man had a knife before he was shot."
Police shouted for people to "get back" as they cleared the area of shoppers and bystanders."

TELEMMGLPICT000223476968-trans-Nv-BQz-QNjv4-Bq-EDj-Tm7-Jpzh-SGR1-8-Ap-EWQ.png

One person tweeted: "Be careful out today in London, just seen about two dozen armed police, a man shot and two stab victims receiving urgent medical care."

And another said: "What the hell is going on in Streatham?!? Helicopters circling above and sirens outside. Twitter saying a man has been shot dead.

"It’s a Sunday afternoon and families are everywhere. Very scary."

A nurse who saw what happened said: “A man just went into a shop and took a knife and started stabbing people.

“The shopkeeper tried to get the knife away from him but he got away and stabbed a woman on a bicycle. The knife was really big.

I saw three people who were injured - one of them might have been the attacker.

“I’m a nurse so I would have been willing to step in.”

A video shows one woman being taken into an ambulance. She was walking wounded, with a blanket around her.

London Ambulance Service said: "We have a number of resources attending an incident in Streatham High Road."

A 38-year-old man said: “I heard he was stabbing ladies, one on a bicycle, not the same one seen being taken into the ambulance. They were trying to save the victims.”

Another eyewitness said: “One woman was stabbed in the back and one man was stabbed in the stomach.

“The woman was saying ‘he stabbed me’. The man was in a bad way. People were screaming ‘stay with us’. It was a big wound.

“The police arrived and we heard ‘bang bang bang’. I saw the attacker lying down face down outside Iceland.”

Metropolitan Police have told people to avoid the area "while the emergency services deal with the incident."

Witnesses claim to have seen the suspect strapped with with silver canisters. Pictured: Suspect on the pavement with a knife by his side:

24205468-7958201-image-a-115-1580658705748.jpg

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/02/02/man-shot-dead-street-armed-police-respond/

or

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/worl...n-down-man-in-street/ar-BBZzxO4?ocid=msedgntp

And the OCUK Forum FAV :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ight-sparking-armed-police-shutdown-area.html < Actually has the most details and better Photos/Videos/Maps.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Streatham attack the latest in growing list of terror incidents in UK

9 January 2020
Two inmates wearing fake suicide vests and armed with improvised blades are accused of attacking an officer at HMP Whitemoor.
Convicted terrorist Brusthom Ziamani, 24, has been named as one of the men allegedly involved. The second man is said to be a Muslim convert jailed for a violent offence.

29 November 2019
Two people were stabbed to death when a convicted terrorist launched a frenzied knife attack at an event in central London.
Usman Khan killed Cambridge graduates Jack Merritt and Saskia Jones at an event on prisoner rehabilitation called Learning Together.
The incident spilled out onto nearby London Bridge as former prisoners and members of the public tried to tackle Khan using a fire extinguisher and an ornamental whale tusk.
Police shot Khan, who was wearing a fake suicide vest, dead. It emerged that he had previously been jailed in 2012 for plotting a separate terrorist attack.

15 September 2017
Ahmed Hassan’s homemade bomb partially exploded on a London Underground rush hour train at Parsons Green, injuring more than 50 people. He was sentenced to life with a minimum jail term of 34 years.

19 June 2017
A group of Muslim worshippers were hit after a van slammed into them near Finsbury Park mosque, north London, after many of them had attended evening prayers during the holy month of Ramadan. One person died. Darren Osborne was jailed for at least 43 years after being found guilty of murder and attempted murder.

3 June 2017
Eight people were killed during a car and knife attack in London Bridge terror attack in central London.
Three men drove into pedestrians on the bridge and then stabbed people in nearby Borough Market.

22 May 2017
Around 10.30pm British-born Salman Ramadan Abedi, 22, walked into the foyer of Manchester Arena as crowds streamed out of an Ariana Grande concert and detonated a device packed with shrapnel, killing 22 people, including children.

22 March 2017
Five people were killed when an Islamist extremist launched a car and knife attack in central London.
Khalid Masood drove a hired car over Westminster Bridge, near the Houses of Parliament, mounted the pavement and hit pedestrians before crashing into railings outside the Palace of Westminster.
He stabbed PC Keith Palmer, 48, to death and also killed US tourist Kurt Cochran, Romanian tourist Andreea Cristea, 31, plus Britons Aysha Frade, 44, and 75-year-old Leslie Rhodes. Masood was shot dead by police.

16 June 2016
Labour MP Jo Cox was murdered outside her constituency office in Batley, west Yorkshire.
The mother of two, 41, was shot and stabbed multiple times by rightwing extremist Thomas Mair. He was later handed a whole-life prison sentence for her murder.

5 December 2015
A lone attacker attempted to behead a passenger during an Islamic State-inspired rampage in the ticket hall of Leytonstone Underground station in east London.
Somali-born Muhiddin Mire targeted strangers at random during the attack on 5 December 2015 before slashing fellow passenger Lyle Zimmerman, 56, with a knife.
Mire, who had schizophrenia, was sent to Broadmoor hospital after being given a life sentence with a minimum term of eight years for attempted murder.

22 May 2013
Fusilier Lee Rigby murdered by Islamic extremists Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale.
The 25-year-old serviceman was walking near his barracks in Woolwich, south-east London, when the pair rammed him with a car before attempting to decapitate him.
The killers were jailed for life at the Old Bailey in February 2014.

14 May 2010
Stephen Timms, MP for West Ham, was stabbed by Roshonara Choudhry during one his constituency surgeries. She became the first British person inspired by al-Qaida to try and assassinate a prominent figure on UK soil.
She was found guilty of attempted murder and jailed for life with a minimum term of 15 years.

30 June 2007
Two men inspired by Islamist extremism rammed a 4x4 laden with petrol and propane tanks into the main terminal of Glasgow airport. One of the attackers died in the incident and five people were injured.

7 July 2005
Four suicide bombers killed 52 and injured hundreds in blasts on the London Underground network and a bus.
Twenty-six died in the bombing at Russell Square on the Piccadilly line, six in the bombing at Edgware Road on the Circle line, seven in the bombing at Aldgate on the Circle line, and 13 in the bombing on a bus at Tavistock Square.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...rror-incidents-in-uk/ar-BBZzDj3?ocid=msedgntp

Back
Top Bottom