*** Street Fighter IV League (Season 2) ***

Associate
I sort of think it's bad to give points for every round won. Say Person X is 2-0 rounds up against Person Y, X might start to faff about in the third round, and give away a 'free' point to Y. Whereas if Person X was 2-1 up against Person Z, who deserved the round that they won, wouldn't get a 'free' round since X wouldn't risking the match going to 2-2.
The system of giving bonus points for (rounds you won - rounds opponent won) gets around this, but i dont think the winner should gets less points for winning 3-2 than for winning 3-1. A win is a win. In the past, i've been far behind in a round, but saved and built up meter for the next round (at the cost of losing the current round expectedly) to ensure a win of the match.

So here comes my spanner, which i think compliments the two character system.
Each person picks 2 characters, a Primary and Secondary.
Home and Away games played as before.

Home player can choose either Primary or Secondary. ('home advantage')
Away player MUST choose Primary.
Matches are best of 3 rounds (or 5?).
Best of 3 matches.

By making it 3 matches, it means that the home player will have an advantage of changing to Secondary if they lose the first fight when at Home. And vice versa when the other player is at home - ie home player always has the advantage.
Whereas with the 'current' system, where 1 match is played at home, and 1 away, the person playing with the fixed char first is at an advantage since they can change for the next fight. The other person cannot.

Edit: Oops i forgot to mention scoring. Basically 1 point for each match you win. So Home result could be 2-0, 2-1, 0-2, 1-2. Same for Away.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Added to OP:

- New Rule -
Each player enters with TWO characters, your MAIN and your RESERVE.
For your HOME GAME you choose between your MAIN or RESERVE.
For your AWAY GAME you must choose your MAIN.

Please can everyone choose their reserve character! If you want to stick to just one that fine because you can use your MAIN only but this is to add abit more variety. :)

I will decide very soon regarding the points system, as I said though the more input I receive the better. :)

Soldato
OP
I'll think of a second character, not sure who to pick yet to shove me down as a TBA :)

No rush, everyone has a good week and abit yet to practice, confirm characters etc.

Sem and Naan_H, atm I am going to put you both down on reserve due to the fact that you guys didnt finish your games in the PS3 league. This way it gives a chance for someone to enter who either (A) did play all/most their games or (B) didn't get a chance to enter last time, and I think in fairness they should have priority. So far I have been keeping an eye on those putting their names down and checking how much they were involved in the other league if they were in it. Naan_H if I remember correctly you joined the PC league abit late, try get afew more games in before it ends and I'll put you in.

Soldato
e36Adz said:
No rush, everyone has a good week and abit yet to practice, confirm characters etc.
Righto, ta.

Sorry I never finished my PS3 games btw, although only had two left. I actually tried to play AkiraX who was one of my last two to play about 10 times but the game kept crashing on the "x VS. y" screen, and kinda went in a man-strop and gave up trying :\

Also I was gonna post it in the PS3 thread, but that's almost purely dead now - but thanks for running the PS3 league in the first place. It didn't really kick off and most never got their games finished but had some fun playing anyway :)

Sem

Sem

Soldato
hi mate, nope I don't have an xbox. What is it you need to do? You do have sf4 on the PC right because this is PC only and you can't play cross platform PC vs 360.

yeah got SF4 pc

i need an xbox cause i want to change my windows live id association with my g4wl gamertag

and you can only do it on the console itself

also my reserve is sagat

Soldato
OP
yeah got SF4 pc

i need an xbox cause i want to change my windows live id association with my g4wl gamertag

and you can only do it on the console itself

also my reserve is sagat

You had better play all your games this time round alright, I'll put you in! ;)

Two characters..........I can't even decide on one!! :eek:

You can stick to 1 character all the way through if you wish.

I might have to choose Sagat as my main, Sakura is too weak!

No problem, Sagat main and Sakura reserve so the option to use her is still there, that ok?

Soldato
OP
Wouldnt the second character just be another way of counter picking i.e hmm ill pick this one as ill be better vs him.

You will only be able to choose from 1 of 2 characters, and in every instance your opponent will know which 2 they are, so it's all about practice really. Instead of being prepared to fight 1 char you will have to be ready to face a possible 2 characters.

Oh yeah this time, can everyone please try get some recording software installed and decide before you play your game which of you will record. Ideally I would like people to record the games that will be relatively close, rather then recording every single game, that way the outcome is less predictable and the match is likely to be more exciting to watch. :)

Soldato
Wouldnt the second character just be another way of counter picking i.e hmm ill pick this one as ill be better vs him.

Well... this was my initial argument, but I guess people would like a second character for added spice and variety. I'll just give my 2c and accept whatever rules are added :)

e36Adz said:
Oh yeah this time, can everyone please try get some recording software
Speaking of which, I was gonna ask earlier but forgot. Has anyone tried FRAPS with Street Fighter 4? If so, is it any good for recording vids of games? Saves me having to move one of my floorstanding speakers and get the phone into position to record on that.

Associate

Yes, but that would be the advantage you have when playing your home game. Your opponent will also get this advantage when you play his home game too.
Plus it's not as bad as normal counterpicking, since you're character choices are determined before the league starts.

Back
Top Bottom