Street Fighter (SFIV, SSFIV, HDR)

Soldato
This looks awesome.
I wasted half of my life playing SF2 on the SNES and I'm going to have to buy an Xbox 360 just to play this, can't wait !!

Soldato
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lato8FmMoIQ

Insane Guile action. Quite literally the best Guile player I have seen.
Check out 2:27 especially.

(Whats with him jabbing continuously after finishing his combos?)

And can anyone confirm if the theme is the Guile stage tune from SF4? If so I cannot wait for this!

He probably has the button on auto when he does combos so he can concentrate on the other buttons.

Soldato
£70 for the joystick on the popular e-tailer :eek:.

Don't think I've got that kind of money yet so I'll see if they're still available when my birthday comes around in april. If not then I'll get a Hori.

Permabanned
re

forget that stick its just to make money...buy one of these instead...these sticks will work with anything including thje legendary mame!

You can customise these sticks also,i have had one of thses for 3 years and ist rock solid..i use it on mame a lot an on tekken on the ps2

http://www.xgaming.com/two-player.shtml

probably one of the best arcade gaming sticks in the world

Caporegime
forget that stick its just to make money...buy one of these instead...these sticks will work with anything including thje legendary mame!

You can customise these sticks also,i have had one of thses for 3 years and ist rock solid..i use it on mame a lot an on tekken on the ps2

http://www.xgaming.com/two-player.shtml

probably one of the best arcade gaming sticks in the world

I am sure it is great as it is a quality piece of hardware. Sadly to get it to work on PS3 you need to buy 2 separate adaptors (totaling in excess of 50 dollars for 2 player) and there is no Xbox 360 support.

So pretty useless for Street Fighter IV support tbh, imo. Also no buttons specific to consoles means you will possibly have to use a 2nd controller to access some menus, which is far from ideal.

so what format are people getting?

I have more friends on xbox but the pad is rubbish.

Playstation 3. As mentioned the pad on the 360 is crap, plus I have a PS3 Hori stick. Unless you have a joystick or a group of friends who do not mind playing the best beat em up on the planet with the worst possible controller, buy the PS3 or the PC version imo.

All the sold out joysticks are a bit annoying tbh. I cannot believe they have not made enough to supply demand :( (They are overpriced too, but that is another issue :) )

rp2000

Last edited:
Soldato
and PC too but I be buying for the 360 because of Xbox Live.

mistake.. The 360 pad is just about the worst thing in the world to play beat 'em up ons.. Unless you are prepared to go with a possible naff 3rd party pad such as the mad catz, i'd avoid like the plague... The PS3 pad is almost perfect for beat em ups.

Associate
I'll be getting it for 360 i think with one of those new pads. Not played a SF game in ages but this so reminds me of SF2, one of my favourite games on the snes. Can't wait, going to need practise though as i'm somewhat rusty at SF now.

Back
Top Bottom