Street Fighter (SFIV, SSFIV, HDR)

Soldato
Just saw a popular high-street stores website selling PS3 hori sticks for £9.78, am i right in thinking that's an absolute bargain?

Out of stock atm but i'll certainly be ordering one.

I know it's still out of stock but it's back up to £27ish now.

unless I'm looking in the wrong place

Soldato
We've been playing SF3:3rd strike at lunchtime and after work in work. We clubbed together and improted two of these babies, they are really amazing, very sturdy and the stick/buttons are identical to the Sega Virtua Fighter 5 arcade machines.

They've coped with 14 months of abuse including drops, drunken nights and still going strong, the only thing that's happened is 2 of the rubber feet on the bottom falling off.

Sega Virtua Stick High Grade

Highly recommended for any fighting fan, they are USB PS3 spec so will plug straight in to a PC and can be use for mame/emulators completely fine ;) And will be perfect for SF4.

Associate
Just ordered the SF4 Madcatz TE stick and SF4 for 360. Its my birthday on the 20th too so lets all pray they ship a tad early :)

(P.S I'm 27 on the 20th and maybe i should be far more grown up and buy some insurance or something :p )

Soldato
Just ordered the SF4 Madcatz TE stick and SF4 for 360. Its my birthday on the 20th too so lets all pray they ship a tad early :)

(P.S I'm 27 on the 20th and maybe i should be far more grown up and buy some insurance or something :p )
Cool - Lets see who gets it first.

I'm 30 next week - we're still young enough to blow money on gadgets :)

Associate
im loving the expressions in this game :D
943712_20090108_screen006.jpg

Caporegime
A website was taking pre-orders for the Tournament Edition stick earlier for £100 (PS3) and £130 (360)!! I woke up late, all gone :(

I think 2 big sites are still taking pre-orders, but due to so few of these things being made (3000 TEs made, worldwide, AFAIK), I think they are just taking orders blindly and do not have enought stock coming to satisfy their orders.

rp2000

Permabanned
A website was taking pre-orders for the Tournament Edition stick earlier for £100 (PS3) and £130 (360)!! I woke up late, all gone :(

I think 2 big sites are still taking pre-orders, but due to so few of these things being made (3000 TEs made, worldwide, AFAIK), I think they are just taking orders blindly and do not have enought stock coming to satisfy their orders.

rp2000

Iv'e been after the TE fightsticks for months now, and the 3000 sold out in days! Its stupid that they would only make 3000, they can sell millions.

Are they going to be making more of the TE sticks?

Does anyone know where i can get them?

Caporegime
Iv'e been after the TE fightsticks for months now, and the 3000 sold out in days! Its stupid that they would only make 3000, they can sell millions.

I am sure they will make more. I don't blame them for making only 3000 tbh Madcatz are usually known for cheap crappy peripherals. I guess they (like a lot of people, including "gamers") underestimated the power of the Street Fighter brand more than anything else.

The problem now is that most places that took orders are probably lying as 3000 TEs will not go very far and most are for sale in USA.

I would wait till these are more available (i.e. when more are made) until then I suspect silly prices close to RRP and auctions being the only way to get hold of them. For the RRP there are better joysticks out there. (I still want one though!!)

rp2000

Soldato

If the demand is there they would be stupid not to make more. These are not pieces of jewellary that are made my master craftsmen :)

Associate
Is it just the tournament edition they have apparently only made 3000 of or is it the Arcade Fight-Stick too ?

I also reckon its just marketing rubbish that they have only made 3,000. They could sell more than that in just one town let alone the world.

Caporegime
Just saw a popular high-street stores website selling PS3 hori sticks for £9.78, am i right in thinking that's an absolute bargain?

Out of stock atm but i'll certainly be ordering one.
Been like that for at least 2months so dont hold your breath Im afraid - Ive had a stock alert registered since HD Remix came out...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
For the RRP there are better joysticks out there. (I still want one though!!)

rp2000

Pre-ordered the PS3 version of the tournament stick.

After a lot of reading I've read nothing to back up the above claim. You only need to google this stick, but if you want a respected source (I believe this doesn't break any rules);

http://sdtekken.com/tech-area/arcade-sticks/arcade-stick-ranking/

It seems to be the majority opinion, that the Madcatz SF4 TE Stick is the NEW king of arcade sticks. It features -

Sanwa buttons & stick
Compartment for cables to be hidden away (when travelling)
Easy acess (only 4 screws to remove) to change parts
Start & Select buttons on the back
Replaceable artwork
Lock switch for the Guide/Home button

Features which can't all be found in any other single stick. Yes a Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 SA (Sanwa buttons as well) can be considered as good, with the same components, but it's a bit more difficult to open and with Start/Select buttons on the front. With shipping a similar price to get to the UK.

So that just leaves the custom build route.

Last edited:
Associate
Well i placed an order for SF4 on the 360 and a fight pad (have to put up with the cable, but anything is better then the 360 dpad).

As much as i would like the PS3 version all my friends are on XBL.

Although in general the 360 pad is nearly perfect for me... whoever desgined the d-pad needs shot. Why oh why dont MS just pay of nintendo for the licance and be done with it?

Can't type for toffee
Don
Still got my Namco stick for the ps2, damn that was good.

Im tempted to pickup a stick for the 360 but I aint gonna be payin £70+ anyone seen the Hori xbox ones kicking about recently? DoA ones were hori too no?

Soldato
Like a muppet, I've gone and pre-ordered the Collectors Edition, albeit at 10% off so it's not gouging my wallet quite as much as it would have been :D

Back
Top Bottom