Street Fighter V

Caporegime
Whats disappointing about this release is they missed an opportunity to bring the HD remix version to pc where all the art was redone and it looked substantially better. It was only ever released for the 360. Would have been interesting to see how it looked on pc with the new artwork.

Soldato
Yeah it would be nice if they added hdremix and the other end versions of the game. Hopefully we will get some graphics and sound mods for the game with it being on pc.

I really like the collection and I had never played any alpha's or 3rd strike so it was nice to get them and have online.

Great game to play with my mates and the bonus copy of ultra 4 was cool as I only had arcade edition.

Caporegime
Been watching vids of some guy called "DSP" playing, wow. Everything is down to lag or the game not doing what he wants it to, or him doing moves and the game doing something else (allegedly).

Soldato
I thought the games all played well.

I do find the inputs harder on the old titles because I mainly played street fighter 4 and that is so easy on the inputs you can just press corner twice for special move where as old games want correct inputs.

Soldato
Whats disappointing about this release is they missed an opportunity to bring the HD remix version to pc where all the art was redone and it looked substantially better. It was only ever released for the 360. Would have been interesting to see how it looked on pc with the new artwork.

They released an updated version on the Nintendo Switch last year, again PC never got that version either. :(

Soldato
So what's the jist with this? I didn't pick it up upon release as I heard a lot of content was missing and it was basically half finished.

I really enjoyed SF IV, I'm tempted to pick this up in a sale but I'm assuming it's still not finished?

Caporegime
They released an updated version on the Nintendo Switch last year, again PC never got that version either. :(

Would have been nice if they included those graphics an an option for original arcade sprites or the HD stuff, the original graphics really don't look too good these days, particularly on pc monitors.

Soldato
So what's the jist with this? I didn't pick it up upon release as I heard a lot of content was missing and it was basically half finished.

I really enjoyed SF IV, I'm tempted to pick this up in a sale but I'm assuming it's still not finished?

The last few posts we have been talking about the 30th anniversary streetfighter collection it's a good little package of 12 games and worth getting if you can get it at good price and like the old classics.

Street fighter 5 arcade edition is the complete package as good as its going to get and includes all the dlc characters apart from the 2 released this year. I personally don't like the fighting style of 5 but yeah arcade editon is a complete package now.

Soldato
I really like the 30th Anniversary edition as it's exactly the same as the originals which is why I bought it!

Seems people are unhappy that it does not have things in it that were never promised. What it has in it is clearly written on the advert which I read before I made the purchase :p

Caporegime
Its funny playing the old sf games again just seeing how much of a cheating pos the ai really was, your moves will randomly do about 1/3 of their damage when the ai is getting slapped around (and in turn their moves randomly do much more damage than they should), they don't need to charge their attacks and as such they can hit you with ridiculous combinations of moves. They break out of dizziness virtually instantly, and its very obvious that it reads your control inputs to determine what move you're doing and has a counter for it before you've even hit the punch or kick button.

Interesting to play against but again cheesy when you suss out what it was doing to you all those years ago. :p

Soldato
Its funny playing the old sf games again just seeing how much of a cheating pos the ai really was, your moves will randomly do about 1/3 of their damage when the ai is getting slapped around (and in turn their moves randomly do much more damage than they should), they don't need to charge their attacks and as such they can hit you with ridiculous combinations of moves. They break out of dizziness virtually instantly, and its very obvious that it reads your control inputs to determine what move you're doing and has a counter for it before you've even hit the punch or kick button.

Interesting to play against but again cheesy when you suss out what it was doing to you all those years ago. :p

I think it was SSF2 Turdo that they re-released in the arcades as the ai was ridiculous or bugged. Even on the easiest setting it would read your inputs giving you no chance at all. Unfortunately in this collection we get the original super hard/bugged version.....:rolleyes:

Caporegime
I think it was SSF2 Turdo that they re-released in the arcades as the ai was ridiculous or bugged. Even on the easiest setting it would read your inputs giving you no chance at all. Unfortunately in this collection we get the original super hard/bugged version.....:rolleyes:

Have to wait on patches, or in true cap-com fashion, re-release it again at full price.

Soldato

I loved 4, but 5 I uninstalled within days and was gutted. It was dumbed down far too much from 4, almost dial a combo now, could be a netherrealms game :( I think if you tried and liked sfxt you will like it, I find it more similar to that than 4

Caporegime
I never got into any of the sf games after sf2 turbo. All the introduction of juggles and multi hit super moves just took away from the game i felt. Just seemed like combos were mostly replaced by these power up moves that did the combo by itself once activated.

Soldato
I never got into any of the sf games after sf2 turbo. All the introduction of juggles and multi hit super moves just took away from the game i felt. Just seemed like combos were mostly replaced by these power up moves that did the combo by itself once activated.

nvm

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom