Stulid Tested all of OcUK Thermal Paste Range

Can't type for toffee
Don
Nice round up mate :)
Good to see AS5 still performs pretty well :)

As for AS5 I've found very easy to spread, use the finger/cling film method.

Did try it with the Noctua stock paste and this wasn't going anywhere lol

As above how long were they left/benched for?
Admittedly this means it could have taken a lot longer but AFAIK the ones like AS5 are ment to get beter after a few days of solid use

Soldato
Tell me why people terribly insult it and preach that it's shockingly outdated? It's all I ever read on here when somebody mentions AS5.

Probably because people assume it cannot ever be as good as the latest ones?

Shame there was no thermometer used as it would have been a lot better to adjust for intake heat. Even a degree could give wildly differing results.

Good job none the less!

V F

V F

Soldato
Some of the responses to it in recent years and to the present day they claim AS5 is anything from 5 - 10 degrees off everything else. Then because it's conductive, it's deemed as the plague. Which is funny because this is an enthusiast forum, right? I thought they love dangerous things, experiments, tweaking, fiddling and all that.

Soldato
Wow, i didn't expect the MX-2 to beat the MX-4 :eek:

Great round up Stu!

The MX-4 isn't anything special really. MX-3 is better. The MX-4 was meant to be marketed as a cheaper, that's it.

Some more great input from Stulid.

Shame you didnt test the Coollaboratory Liquid MetalPad, would be interested to see how this would perform. Cmon OCUK do a test and add the results!

The metal pads are absolutely useless. You need to place it on your CPU and then stress it so that it "melts". When I tried it, it didn't work despite my CPU being stressed to 80/90C. The liquid pro is way better but only if you plan on applying it then leaving it.

Associate
The Coollaboratory Liquid Pro Liquid Metal Thermal Paste looks horrible to work with. I purchased some Artic Cooling MX-4 and Akasa TIM clean a few weeks back, but have yet to installed it. I also must note that the Akasa TIM clean smells lovely (Citrus). :p

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Nice roundup Stu. The range at OcUK is arguably the best in the country. It's nice to see a comparison of them all in the same situation.

I have been using the Gelid Extreme for about three years now but my choice for the next build is a bit harder.

Soldato
I remember all the arguement talk on new MX-4 when RJK metion to us all that he still using Gelid Extreme and was the best one.

Nice work Stulid, look like RJK is right afterall. Oh my palm head! :)

Soldato
I got some PK-1 to install with my Corsair H80, will see how it does maybe test it against the standard stuff that comes ready applied to the cooler.

Back
Top Bottom