Stulid Tested all of OcUK Thermal Paste Range

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
we are in talks with thermalright about it

Brilliant addition to the thread as ever Stulid

Have stickied it for everyone to find easily :)

Don
Great thread.

Wasn't worth making a new thread just for this, but on my server I noticed the geforce 6200 (fanless) had a high idle temp of 65 degrees. First mod was a botched on Sharkoon 1000 fan with zip ties, which took it down to ~58 degrees.

I bit the bullet, removed the heatsink and cleaned it up. Applied some MX5 I had lying around, new idle temp with fan = 37 degrees. Much healthier :)

Soldato
Great thread.

Wasn't worth making a new thread just for this, but on my server I noticed the geforce 6200 (fanless) had a high idle temp of 65 degrees. First mod was a botched on Sharkoon 1000 fan with zip ties, which took it down to ~58 degrees.

I bit the bullet, removed the heatsink and cleaned it up. Applied some MX5 I had lying around, new idle temp with fan = 37 degrees. Much healthier :)

its great when u get results like that without puting your hand in your pocket.

Associate
I'm using the GC-Extreme after seeing this review, so far I prefer using it to MX-2 it's easy to clean up mistakes and idle temps have shot down after changing case and applying the GC-Extreme.

Soldato
I really want the liquid metal pro but i barely see many reviews on it >_> Considering im going to probabaly delid the thing anyway not sure if the writeing coming off the cpu matters.

Anyone else had experiance with it?

Soldato
Good review. Thanks.

Do get a thermometer so you can monitor ambient temp... without it you have no reference point to base results on. Your room can change 2-3c very easily. Idle temps of 31.25-34.25c a 3c variance. ;)

Still a great bit of work!

With the ambient temp not known and using the CPUs own temperature die I'm afraid I have to take your results with a pinch of salt.

Taking just the two bottom results suggest your ambient changed between the two, as suddenly the AK-455 performs better at load than idle than the other Akasa paste...

Someone needs to do this under lab conditions, i.e. constant room temp with the tests repeated 3-5 times and take an average to remove the possibility of bad mounting, etc.

Sorry :(

my opinion is that without ambient temps it is very difficult to draw any kind of conlusion, and also goes some way to explaining why your ranking of results doesn't really match up with any other large roundup that does include ambient

most other results also do multiple mounts on each paste as well to rule out differences in application

having said that - most pastes being within 2-3 degrees of each other is pretty normal as CPU temp sensors are not all that accurate anyway

I appreciate how much work has gone into this, but I have to repeat the above opinions and also question why they've been completely ignored thus far.

EDIT: Removed last bit as I didn't wish to cause offense :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
OCUk sell Liquid Metal Ultra do they not?
Whats the reason for not testing it?

Must be a newish product as I don't think it was listed back in May, I see a few new items have been added and are due soon.

I appreciate how much work has gone into this, but I have to repeat the above opinions and also question why they've been completely ignored thus far.

Then again, having seen how allergic you are to explaining yourself in other threads, I'm not surprised.

Bitchy.

If you read their posts you will see they are statements/opinions and not questions for me.

Caporegime
OP
How is needing to know the ambient temp an opinion? It's a necessary requirement.

The pastes were tested on similar days and times. I'm sure I got it as close as possible, still doesn't deflect the last sentence of your post (which you tried to remove). Trying to help moderate the forums and help people here isn't easy and a very time consuming job.

I think you need to realize this and calm down, just because I haven't replied to someone fast enough for you or forget to check back on previous threads I may have posted in when trying to help forum members out.:rolleyes:

Soldato
It's not about not replying, it's about having a 'because I say so' attitude when asked about certain decisions when no explanation has been given for that decision.

Hey look, this is going seriously OT and I can only see it degenerating into a multi-thread quote-fest that won't end well or do much good for either of us or the forum :)

I'm not trying to completely coat you off, I do see a lot of the good work you do here with helping people put systems together n stuff and again, I do appreciate the sheer amount of work that went into making this thread.

All I'm saying is that ambient and therefore delta temps are pretty necessary for accurate results and I was a little miffed to see those questions utterly ignored when they raise a very valid point.

Guesstimating the temp doesn't really cut it. You wouldn't accept those test conditions/results from an 'official' grouptest would you?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom